Sidemirrors not tilting in reverse

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Kennethpalm

Post by Kennethpalm »

Hi all

Happy to have found this forum. Just got my Enyaq yesterday and found some errors one of them being that the side mirrors are not tilting down when in reverse. I have checked the settings are activated and even tried to deactivate and activate again. Anyone who had this problem as well?

Malcolm H

Post by Malcolm H »

Hi - I’m still waiting for my Enyaq, but had this when I first got my Kodiaq. Asked the dealer and I had to select either the left or right mirror (as if you’re going to adjust them) then when putting in reverse the selected mirror duly lowered away. Might be different in the Enyaq but still a Skoda so worth trying.
Ordered Enyaq Coupe VRS 22nd May and accepted by factory on 30th May 2022. Ordered with 21” Vision wheels, Comfort seat plus, climate plus, drive sport plus, infotainment plus, family package, heat pump, tow bar, Canton sound system. Build week 03 2023.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Hi there,

I’m not sure which pack - if any - the auto-tilting mirrors are included with, but I don’t have it on my Enyaq.

I find auto-tilting annoying (I’ve had it on hire cars before) because you can’t see what’s coming from behind properly, when the mirror’s pointing downwards. I personally prefer to take control of that myself.

I’ve also disabled the feature where both mirrors adjust simultaneously. This is annoying too, and I much prefer to control each one independently.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

You need to have the drivers memory electric seat for this function to work - there is a helpful previous post “ automatic dipping of side mirrors in reverse” or something similar. From recollection the manual is incorrect in telling you to select “right” rather than left on the mirror switch to engage this function.

Personally I find this a most useful function but am aware not everyone agrees!
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
Kennethpalm

Post by Kennethpalm »

Thank you Dorsetandy

I will check out that thread. I do have the package installed and the setting is also available in the settings for the mirrors. I hope the thread can give me an answer 😉
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yes - follow the instructions in the manual, apart from putting the switch in the L position rather than R and you should find it works. Personally I tried it for a while but reset it as most of the time I need the left hand mirror to be undipped when I'm parking next to a fence. I've driven for 30 years without an auto dipping mirror, so generally have a good idea of where the tyres are.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post