22KW Public Chargers

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Recently used a 22KW charger for the first time whilst away. Charged at 6.5KW when I expected it to charge at 11KW, this being the maximum charge rate the onboard AC -DC charger can cope with? Thought it might be due to the battery already being at 80% and being charged to 100% ready for return trip. Used a different 22KW charger today, at 65% and got the same 6.5KW charge rate ie.the same as my 7KW home charger.

Should like to make use of 22 KW chargers when away as they are usually a bit cheaper but should they charge at closer to 11KW or have I misunderstood something?

Slightly different issue - used Gridserve 120KW chargers on the M3 and M11 with double CCS chargers. If another EV plugged into the spare/second CCS charger the charge on the first car stopped. Apparently this is a software issue on some Gridserve fast chargers. Anyone else experienced this?
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.

Duderooner

Post by Duderooner »

I always get close to 11KW even close to full charge.

Do you have the reduce current setting selected in the app? This might have an impact?
orrery

Post by orrery »

I charged at 11kW at a hotel recently and it was showing 10.9kW just before it hit 100%. Are you sure that the cable you are using isn't single phase?
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yes - check your cable. The one that comes with the car is a 3-phase one, capable of 11kW. Note that all five large pins have metal contacts. If you've bought another one, it might be a single phase one (which is fine for most home chargers), which will only have contacts on the centre three large pins, not the bottom two. This only supports single phase, which means a maximum of 7kW (assuming it is a 32A one, otherwise 3.6kW for a 16A one).

I've got an extra one that I keep in the car (the Skoda one is plugged into my untethered PodPoint), and I made sure I went for a 3-phase 32A one but more importantly it's blue to match the car :D
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Thanks RichR you were spot on with your diagnosis- checked my third party cable and found one of the bottom 2 pins has become dislodged. Used my Skoda cable and got 10.5 kW. Brought an EVconnectors cable to save wear and tear on the Skoda one so perhaps it has done it job, but will have to returned.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

For clarification on my previous post I did actually buy a single phase charging cable, which is limited to 7Kw. E-mailed EVconnectors who phoned me back within 15 minutes, so really exemplary customer service. So not a manufacturer fault, rather operator misunderstanding! Have no connection who EVconnectors but have to say my customer experience was absolutely first rate.

Also found the answer to Gridserve double connector issue on previous posts on this forum.

Great to learn from everyone.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Dorsetandy wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 3:37 pm Thanks RichR you were spot on with your diagnosis- checked my third party cable and found one of the bottom 2 pins has become dislodged. Used my Skoda cable and got 10.5 kW. Brought an EVconnectors cable to save wear and tear on the Skoda one so perhaps it has done it job, but will have to returned.
Wear and tear :roll: unnecssary expense that one
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post