Reversing camera

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Vasarolli wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:39 pm Id4 has similar issue, and there are solutions for it. You can probably test easily with some cardboard mockup.

https://www.vwidtalk.com/threads/backup ... ight.4428/
It's been a known issue since the release of the id4 and Enyaq but I shouldn't have to buy an aftermarket modification to rectify a factory issue. Also I feel I shouldn't have to be waiting over 6 months for a fix !!
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂

Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Yeah, right, but you can test if that is he issue. If it is push Skoda to fix with hardware. Likely SW fix might be a bit more challenging if this is the case.
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

It can be sorted via software as it's an issue with the glare from plate lights as if you switch lights off issue is solved to a point.

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

BioHzrd wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:23 pm It can be sorted via software as it's an issue with the glare from plate lights as if you switch lights off issue is solved to a point.

I don’t have an issue with mine (and I have standard lights / one reversing light).

I wonder if that’s because my Enyaq is black? Yours is white - so perhaps there is some glare from the bumper making the camera think it’s too bright, causing it to reduce the ISO (or whatever) to compensate accordingly, but inadvertently darkening other parts of the image which you want to see?

The others having issues in this thread, apparently have silver Enyaqs; another light colour …. Hmm.

FC6EACD9-A909-4A6F-97AA-9476D183F6A7.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Interesting! I was planning on adding a similar post my camera seems fine as well
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

My car is quartz grey (so pretty dark) and my camera is rubbish at night (unusable unless you have your foot on the break for the extra lighting) which is not ideal because if I’m going to slow it hammers on the parking break and scares the living daylights out of me.

I have changed the settings as suggested on this site

I think it is only noticeable when there is absolutely no other light source I live in a really quite country road so no other lighting at all

I have ordered the deflector (for an ID4) online so fingers crossed that will help

It’s not an issue at this time of the year but when winter comes again I know it will be a problem.

I have also ordered a left had boot light from a left hand drive vehicle to double the reverse light output
Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Slightly off topic but my car has started lighting up my drive at night. I don’t think it did that before? Can’t see it in the brochure. Is this standard?

4BF7E6CD-5FC3-4604-93A0-B520DECC7FD5.jpeg

Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

IanEV wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:28 pm Slightly off topic but my car has started lighting up my drive at night. I don’t think it did that before? Can’t see it in the brochure. Is this standard?
Yes it's standard and in about 4 months they'll look nothing like that if you pressure wash your car ! I'm assuming that's the reason mine now resemble a Jackson Pollock painting.

C2atb

Post by C2atb »

BioHzrd wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:48 pm
IanEV wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:28 pm Slightly off topic but my car has started lighting up my drive at night. I don’t think it did that before? Can’t see it in the brochure. Is this standard?
Yes it's standard and in about 4 months they'll look nothing like that if you pressure wash your car ! I'm assuming that's the reason mine now resemble a Jackson Pollock painting.
Ha mine are in absolute bits
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

C2atb wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:01 am
BioHzrd wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:48 pm
Ha mine are in absolute bits
Just another thing on my list to get sorted when it goes in for V3 update

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post