Range

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
FranHG

Post by FranHG »

Hi I am interested to know, for those of you with an Enyaq 60, what range you get at 100%.
I know that colder months affect range and through our relatively mild British winter 100% charge gave us circa 190 range. However with temps now a good 10-15 degrees warmer the max range we have had recently is 213, but generally still 195/200!?! We always switch to Eco mode when driving too!

I know the advertised ranges are not reality but I am so disappointed and am just wondering if this is standard or if maybe something isnt right?
Iv60 Suite 100kw, Arctic Silver, Battery Pack/Heat Pump, Assisted Drive, Chrome, Climate, Comfort Seat, Convenience, Drive, Parking Pack

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Hi,

Copied directly from one of my previous posts, hence any seemingly random comments:

==============

The estimated range at 80% for example (or 100% if you charge to the max) will absolutely vary, depending on what type of driving you’ve been doing over the past ‘x’ hundred miles since the last charge. By ‘type’ that includes speed, acceleration, av. journey distance, hills vs flats, outside temperatures, heater settings etc.

I’ve driven a variety of journey types now, across a wide enough range of temperatures to see - and predict - a bit of a pattern.

Sometimes I like to enjoy fast acceleration and generally keeping to 70 on motorways. If the car thinks that’s how my driving style will be going forward, then after a 100% charge, it may only give me 230 miles of predicted range for the next time I use the car ( I have an IV80 ).

However if I then drive sympathetically in warmer conditions (and keeping to 60 mph on the motorway) then instead of only having the 230 miles it initially predicted, I might actually achieve 280 miles (for example).

If that’s the case, then the next time I charge to 100% (at home on a slow charger), the car will think I will continue to drive sympathetically, and may give me a prediction of 280 miles. If I then choose to drive / accelerate enthusiastically or my journey ‘type’ isn’t conducive to efficiency, then I’ll likely achieve a fair bit less than 280 miles.

It behaves exactly as I’d expect, according to the way I’ve been driving prior to my next charge 👍

==============

By the way, the best I’ve been able to achieve in my non-heat pump IV80, is around 300 miles (well, around 260 actual miles and 40 left in the battery). This was after driving very carefully at around 60mph for a long time on the motorway. I would expect an IV60 to be around 60 or 70 miles less in terms of capacity when driven the same way.
Last edited by Goaty on Mon May 16, 2022 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

My 60 gives about 300Km (say 190 Miles) at 80% charge.
That said this is mainly driving in the country with very limited motorway driving.
I avoid high speeds, especially on motorways where I enjoy the excellent travel assist feature. High speed kills range.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
hergus

Post by hergus »

What Goaty said. Plus, with an iV60, even in near ideal conditions, I consider 200 miles as the realistic max range, regardless of what the 'guessometer' on the dashboard says.
Enyaq 60 Lodge, Arctic Silver. Climate package. Transport package. Towbar prep. Zappi charger with solar panels.
white67

Post by white67 »

I've seen 210 miles recently and happy enough with it.
None of that eco driving either, no point in driving like Miss Daisy, especially at the occasional traffic lights grand prix where I enjoy the benefits of instant thrust.

Hopefully I'll see a few more miles as the temperature goes up but not bothered, I knew I'd get this kind of mileage before I got the car.
My commuting driving, which is the bulk of it, is currently about 30% Motorway at as fast as I can go (and rarely less than 70), about 10% urban and 60% country roads any speed between tractor and 60.
I've done some longer journeys where I'm far more sensible and stay at about 67mph, to be fair.

Over the 3000 miles I've had it apparently I'm using at 3.2 miles/kWh.
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Race Blue Metallic, 21" Betria Alloys, Tow Bar Prep, Comfort Seat Basic - with Heated Seats added, Convenience Pack Plus,
Drive Pack Basic, Light & View Pack Basic, Parking Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus
RichR

Post by RichR »

I know I tend to stay away from range related threads but I'll ask the question - in your last petrol/diesel car did you get the range that was advertised? Or did it vary depending on how you drive, what's in the car and what the weather's doing.

I think people look too closely at the range (by which I mean the actual range, not the predicted) of EVs without considering that actually it varies massively on petrol/diesel cars too. Certainly my last petrol only car could vary between 250 miles to a tank and 450 miles to a tank, depending on how I drove it. Long constant speed motorway cruises got a lot more miles than short journeys with a lot of stopping and starting for example.

It's just there are currently more petrol stations about, so we tended to just drive until it got low, then fill up and drive again without even thinking how far we'd done on that tank. In my PHEV and my Enyaq, if I'm not going more than 100 miles from my house, I don't even look at the battery state most of the time, as I know I can do 200 miles (iV 80) on standard roads. If I'm driving longer distance I plan to stop every 2 hours for the loo and a cup of tea, and that's still way less than the car will do on a charge. So arrive at a service station, charge for 15-20 minutes whilst I stretch my legs and it's good for another 2 hours easily.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Duderooner

Post by Duderooner »

6000 miles since Nov 21 and 3.4 miles per KWH average to date. Spring significantly better range than winter.
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

I’ve not seen mine over 200 miles at 100% for a long time unless I reset as it remembers how you drive and type of trips but 60mph and 70mph seems a huge difference if you don’t have to overtake
chillyboy123

Post by chillyboy123 »

RichR wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:15 pm I know I tend to stay away from range related threads but I'll ask the question - in your last petrol/diesel car did you get the range that was advertised? Or did it vary depending on how you drive, what's in the car and what the weather's doing.
Rich you are correct. None of my previous fossil fuel burning cars have ever done what they claimed to be able too.

Summer months I would get abit more to a tank, winter months I would get abit less. But the difference was never so dramatic. I would say for me a difference of 20% per tank between miles achieved between the seasons at a push 25%.

I have done 6500 miles since September 2021, and absolutely love the car.

I have never not got to where I wanted or had range anxiety.

But the fuel economy over winter was rubbish for me. I was quite vocal about this. Pre winter I would get around 3.8 miles / kWh. Post winter I am getting around 4.0 miles / kWh. But for some time over winter I was getting as low as 1.9 miles / kWh between charges.

Because I was new to EV, I have tracked my costs on a spreadsheet since new. Winter months almost doubled my price per mile costs.

With the increase of electricity now that could mean an increase of £50-£60 a month for me next winter.

Hopefully it won’t be so bad for me though. I now garage the car which dramatically reduces the need to warm the batteries and cabin, since the car doesn’t get colder than 12 degrees. Plus Software 3.0 when it arrives will stop the electric wasting, battery warming when it was below 7 degrees. That won’t happen unless it’s below 0 degrees.

Everyone’s mileage differs, but that’s mine.
Enyaq iV60 - Race Blue with 20” Vega Wheels,
Assisted Drive Package +, Convenience Package +,
Parking Package Basic, Drive Package Basic,
Climate Package Basic, 120 kW charging,
Light and View Package Basic,

Upgraded to ME 3.0
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Mine at the moment mainly city driving by my partner for work 17C out. I'm happy to see anything above 200 these days with the warm weather. Averaging any where from 2.4 to 3.4 mi/kWh

End of the day it's cost is £130 to do 4500 miles beat that in a ICE car haha.

Screenshot_20220527-195123.png

60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post