Powerpass- charging away from home

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

I’m preparing for our first holiday in the car where we will need to charge the car away from home. I have the Powerpass card but I’m paying for it monthly- I’m not sure I see the value in it as there appears to few fast charging locations?

It looks to me the best option is to look on Zap-Map and use Insta volt for simplicity. I welcome your views please
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger

RichR

Post by RichR »

It depends on where you're going. My route to my mum's in Cornwall takes me past a couple of Ionity chargers, so I plan so that I stop for lunch or at least a toilet break there and charge for 15-20 minutes. One of my other longer routes that I do regularly doesn't take me directly past an Ionity, but there is one about 10 miles deviation, which on a 300 mile journey isn't a big deal. So I changed my route to take that in. Once my Powerpass card ceases to be subscription free, I might not use Ionity as much.

Remember you don't need to run it down to 10% or charge to 80% or above every time. I plan to stop every 2 hours (I usually need the loo about then anyway), and ideally put a bit of charge in where I stop, and also get a cup of tea or something. So if that happens to be a McDonalds with an Instavolt, or a motorway services with Gridserve, I'll just charge for 15-20 minutes. I know that that car can go much further between stops than I like to, so I find I don't generally need to charge it fully at public chargers.

Most of my journeys however are well under the 250 miles I know I can comfortably do from home, so I tend not to use public chargers that much. Maybe just adding a little bit if I don't think I'll make it home :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Thanks for the reply Rich - much appreciated- it makes sense
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Just made my first extended road trip from Dorset to Northumberland- 400 miles - and found that there are fast Ionity
350 kw chargers here in Alnwick. Sadly my Powerpass does not give me access to Skoda’s reduced rate charging rates. Felt Inoity’s 69p per kWh is a bit pricey but found “Bonnet free App “ which reduces the charge to 50p kWh - used for the first time at the weekend and found Bonnet worked seamlessly. Have no connection with Bonnet but if like me you don’t have access to Powerpass reduced charging rates you can register free with Bonnet - www.joinbonnet.com - to get reduced rate Inonity. Works with other EV chargers but may not give any cost savings compared to their usual rates.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post