Hello from Germany

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Manu

Post by Manu »

Hello to everybody Here,

Just arrived in this forum after I found out, that some of you are suffering from the "VW Enyaq" Problem - as a good portion of the German Enyaq forum users do. Blue Navi route, Navi pointer out of display, no day/night switching.

I've been owning my Enyaq for exact one year now, to the day exactly 😉 and me and my Family absolutly like it - despite its Problems.

This year in July we will be one a Holiday Trip to the North Yorkshire Moore... Looking foward it since two years but had to postpone it twice due to COVID.

Mobile Always does capital Letter everywhere - sorry for that... German habbits 😉 ... Need to check if I can change that somehow

Kind regards
Manu
Enyaq IV80, Delivery 2021-05-21, Race blue, called T.A.R.D.I.S.
From Germany

Manu

Post by Manu »

Out T.A.R.D.I.S as we call it

1905-1905-max.jpg

From Germany
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Welcome ! I’m sure I’ve seen another user called ‘Manu’ here, too 🤣. Maybe it’s another forum I’m on.

I’m doing the opposite to you - I’ll be taking the Enyaq through Germany in August. First time in an EV, so slightly anxious about the charging stops. Lots of planning required.

I don’t know what the charging infrastructure is like in North Yorkshire - but there are some forum users here who are from that area; they might have some tips ;-)
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Manu

Post by Manu »

Actually we are not going to have a lot of charging stops in England. Arriving with ferry in Hull we will Thema stay with my second cousin and have a 3 day hike mit using the car.
In the way to the ferry the Netherlands will be charging heaven 😉

What are your plans in Germany? Been there already before?
One issue many tourists struggle with ist our bad mobile network in some regions. So we ourselves have some charging cards in addition to Apps because without Internet the Apps will be useless.
Depends a bit on where you are going, but at our Autobahn network there ist a quite good network of fast charging points...

Btw: the North York Moors seem to be charging outback and the same is Thuringia where i come from 😉
From Germany
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

We’ve been to / driven through Germany more times than I’ve been to Wales and Scotland combined :-). We have close family in western Poland - literally 10 km from the border with Germany. In the past, if I left our home (near London) with a full tank of diesel, I wouldn’t need to refill until we got to Bottrop which is roughly half way - and then that would keep us going for the rest of the journey (805 miles total).

I reckon we’ll need 3 or probably 4 charging stops when we do this journey in the Enyaq in the summer. When I’m driving on my own in the UK, I’m perfectly happy at 65mph (105 km/h) or even 60 to help maximise range. But with Mrs Goaty in the car, she will want me to be pushing 80mph (130km/h) where permissible, which will affect the range quite a bit. Instead of getting close to 300 miles (which is what I typically get at the moment), I imagine we’ll be achieving around 200 miles at those speeds.
Luckily it’s Autobahn all the way, so I’m hopeful there will be plenty of charging options along the way. I’ll plan properly nearer the time.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Manu

Post by Manu »

So you are Germany experienced 😉 with it's pay-toilets, bad mobile network and Cash Money affinity 🥴

Do you have the Skoda Powerpass with your Enyaq in the UK? We have had it for one year now and could use every charger we came to in longer drives. So that is a good option.

You could check for Germany's biggest Charing Station with 52 fast chargers. It's at the Kamener Kreuz and run by EnBW. We are going to stop there on our way to the ferry in Rotterdam.

Are you using the A4 to West Poland?
From Germany
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Hello Manu,

Regarding your Sat Nav, if you have been following the topics you should see that several of us have now had our Sat Navs fixed so that we now have night mode and a green arrow somewhere near the middle of the screen. For the first time since November can now use Skoda’s Sat Nav to navigate. My recollection was that my UK dealer was communicating directly with the Skoda factory, so the fix ought to be available in Germany, believe it only involves reloading the Sat Nav software, however, the size of the USB/SDcard used is critical.

Used to visit Hamburg on business several times a year and always enjoyed German hospitality, but getting home in early January was always a challenge with frequent flight delays.

Dorsetandy
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
Manu

Post by Manu »

The navigation issue has really been a nerv-wracking Thing. I reported the issue in June last year in our German Forum and a bit later to our Dealer. The Dealers have been helpless for a quite Long Time and started to swap hardware 🙈
Do know how it handled in the UK but in Germany the Dealers are allowed to do anything to the Enyaq without contacting or connecting the car to the skoda factory. What really gives me bad vibes, ist that Skoda did answer to the Problem in different was. Some customers were told they have no fix and should wait for Update, others got new Hardware, others a software update not helping, and only some got the helping new flashing of the Software. I am quite unhappy with Skodas customer support and it's communication strategy... Don't get me started on that 🤣

But we love our Enyaq anyways...

Actually there has never been any word in all the reports of fixed sat navs about the size of the USB Stick/Card in Germany. Strange.

Fun fact: It is called the Moth Problem in the German Forum. When I reported the issue used the Word "Moth" for the nav pointer since that was the common Word me having worked in Automotive Software for quite some time ... And people kept using that 😀 ... It's not a Bug it's a Moth.

Going to read a bit about the pod Point Network here to See If it was an Option If we need some recharge on our holiday in the Yorkshire Moors.
From Germany