What features/packages do you regret not getting?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Ibanezx

Post by Ibanezx »

See subj.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Assisted Drive ‘Plus’. It was only a few hundred pounds more than the Basic version I have - but information on what the Plus features actually include, were very ambiguous a year ago. I thought it just stopped the car automatically and flashed the hazards, if the driver becomes unresponsive. Turns out it has an excellent auto-steering feature, not included in the Basic version. Doh!

That’s probably the only one. Oh and maybe Silver or Artic Silver instead of Black.

In terms of other features I’m a bit envious of in others’ Enyaqs - but I had no budget for (when I upgraded from a 60 to an 80) - I think Matrix lights (but not the illuminated front grill ) and the Suite interior. I have Loft - which is really comfortable and looks great ‘brand new’ - but is already showing its vulnerability to clumsy, thoughtless passengers who leave water bottles leaking all over the seats. For example!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Reverse Camera as some how got lost on the order
tomm636

Post by tomm636 »

Goaty wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:51 am Assisted Drive ‘Plus’. It was only a few hundred pounds more than the Basic version I have - but information on what the Plus features actually include, were very ambiguous a year ago. I thought it just stopped the car automatically and flashed the hazards, if the driver becomes unresponsive. Turns out it has an excellent auto-steering feature, not included in the Basic version. Doh!

That’s probably the only one. Oh and maybe Silver or Artic Silver instead of Black.

In terms of other features I’m a bit envious of in others’ Enyaqs - but I had no budget for (when I upgraded from a 60 to an 80) - I think Matrix lights (but not the illuminated front grill ) and the Suite interior. I have Loft - which is really comfortable and looks great ‘brand new’ - but is already showing its vulnerability to clumsy, thoughtless passengers who leave water bottles leaking all over the seats. For example!
Goaty, I agree the Assisted Drive is the one of the best packages to add on a limited budget. We also only ordered the Assisted drive basic and as you mentioned, at the time of ordering it was a bit ambiguous what it actually included. However our car has the lane assit, which keeps you in the centre of lane if there are white lines, and also follows corners, does this mean we probably some how ended up with the Plus pack?
Enyaq iV 80 Suite, Quartz Grey, 125 kW DC charging, 20" Vega wheels, Assisted drive pack, Heat pump, Climate pack, Convenience pack, Drive sport pack, Electric Towbar, Family pack plus, Infotainment pack plus, Built Sep 2021
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Very pleased with my options (Suite, Sunroof & 20" Wheels) but that's all I could afford via our company car scheme.
I really would have liked 125kw charging (just for the few times / year we go on hols), Keyless Entry, Remote Boot opening, Family package basic and a heated screen.
I really don't like the way they do options "Packages". Much rather pick things individually.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

@tomm636 - I ‘think’ all Enyaqs have Lane Assist - where it attempts to prevent you from crossing the line and going over to the oncoming lane. And it does that quite well in some places I’ve noticed, with quite a smooth and natural ‘take over’ of the steering. Also does this on large bends quite well but the ‘plus’ version is even better; much more like auto-pilot. I definitely don’t have Plus functionality but I’m hoping that it may be a purchasable upgrade one day. I think this forum has concluded that Assisted Drive Basic cars from 2021 have the hardware for plus - just not the software. Some people have hacked the code and activated ‘plus’ functionality, but I’m not keen on messing around with that.

@metalmadmammer - I have the heated windscreen and only used it once last winter. I found that pre-heating the car defrosted the windscreen anyway, and almost as quickly as the dedicated windscreen heater does - so I stopped using it. So you’re not missing much by not having it, in my opinion.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

Knowing all we know now about the Assisted Drive Plus, I would’ve no doubt opted for it over the Basic. In terms of what I ‘regret’ getting, I would’ve ditched the iV Universal (granny cable) £600 option my work fleet lease company convinced me to order during the consultation - cheaper to get it elsewhere, the difference would’ve paid for the Assisted Drive Plus with change.
Enyaq iV60 Loft, Brilliant Silver, 19” Regulus Anthracite. Plus Package. MY22 (Ordered 07/21 - Delivered 06/22).
dezember

Post by dezember »

What it's in the plus that the assisted drive basic doesn't have that you think it's useful?
Skeniv wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:55 pm Knowing all we know now about the Assisted Drive Plus, I would’ve no doubt opted for it over the Basic. In terms of what I ‘regret’ getting, I would’ve ditched the iV Universal (granny cable) £600 option my work fleet lease company convinced me to order during the consultation - cheaper to get it elsewhere, the difference would’ve paid for the Assisted Drive Plus with change.
iV60 Metallic Green :) Assisted Drive. Climate basic. Light & view. Parking plus. Lounge. Ordered 1st Dec 2021. Delivered in August 2022.
Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

dezember wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:35 pm What it's in the plus that the assisted drive basic doesn't have that you think it's useful?
Skeniv wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:55 pm Knowing all we know now about the Assisted Drive Plus, I would’ve no doubt opted for it over the Basic. In terms of what I ‘regret’ getting, I would’ve ditched the iV Universal (granny cable) £600 option my work fleet lease company convinced me to order during the consultation - cheaper to get it elsewhere, the difference would’ve paid for the Assisted Drive Plus with change.

Not a great deal in all fairness, but as I mentioned, not opting for the ŠKODA Granny charger would’ve left a lot more to my budget to potentially go for AD+ and probably Comfort Seat Plus.
Enyaq iV60 Loft, Brilliant Silver, 19” Regulus Anthracite. Plus Package. MY22 (Ordered 07/21 - Delivered 06/22).
dezember

Post by dezember »

IC.. Btw, what's this "intelligent parking+" pack. Is this the Packing package plus? Didn't remember it was called intelligent before.

Skeniv wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:03 pm
Knowing all we know now about the Assisted Drive Plus, I would’ve no doubt opted for it over the Basic. In terms of what I ‘regret’ getting, I would’ve ditched the iV Universal (granny cable) £600 option my work fleet lease company convinced me to order during the consultation - cheaper to get it elsewhere, the difference would’ve paid for the Assisted Drive Plus with change.
Not a great deal in all fairness, but as I mentioned, not opting for the ŠKODA Granny charger would’ve left a lot more to my budget to potentially go for AD+ and probably Comfort Seat Plus.
[/quote]
iV60 Metallic Green :) Assisted Drive. Climate basic. Light & view. Parking plus. Lounge. Ordered 1st Dec 2021. Delivered in August 2022.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post