Lost heat pump cooling and heating

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Mellowdogs_life

Post by Mellowdogs_life »

ChangoMutney wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:15 pm
Mellowdogs_life wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:59 pm Update: car is still in bits on the ramp at Skoda... guess what? They don't have one of the required o rings. Which is (of course) on back order, with no date showing. They cannot tell me when the repair will be completed. It's getting so ridiculous, I'm not sure I even care anymore.

It seems the total nightmare continues though...
Can't they just use the o-ring spec to order one from a UK supplier. https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/ sell every conceivable size, section and material, and will delivery next day. I use them all the time. No affiliation.
You'd think so wouldn't you!! But apparently not. Has to come from Skoda. I asked for the part number and they wouldn't give it to me! It's probably a common VAG part. It's from a high pressure CO2 system, so the dealer is probably worried that if they don't use the specified Skoda one and there is a future issue, Skoda wouldn't pay out under the warranty scheme.

Dont suppose anyone wants to buy a 9.5k mile 71 plate Enyaq? It's been a real pleasure to own... :roll: :lol:

Mellowdogs_life

Update: parts estimated 8th Sept! Skoda UK trying to expedite it, but seeing as the only E qualified Master Tech is on holiday for two weeks, that's not going to help much anyway!

So no equipment, then no parts, no courtesy cars, now no staff cover... Skoda not exactly covering themselves in glory with this repair... :lol:
Mellowdogs_life

Update: still waiting for parts... {insert big sigh here}...
Mellowdogs_life

Parts finally arrived yesterday. Just waiting for them to complete the job now. Hopefully collecting Saturday. They'll have to show me which car is mine though... I've forgotten what it looks like! It's black I think.
Mellowdogs_life

For anyone still following this pitiful saga, I got a call today to say that when they re-charged the gas, the machine indicated a leak again! This time the compressor. Which is a warranty claim, easily replaced and not on back order. Should be done by mid week.

Before anyone asks, no. I haven't asked to see the stone damaged condenser. I'm not picking up the bill for it, so what's the point? At this stage I just want my car back.

To be continued, no doubt. Really is the gift that keeps on giving though...
Mellowdogs_life

Just to complete the thread, I collected the car yesterday and all is working now. Finally!
RichR

Post by RichR »

Finally! Now you can enjoy it again.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
gap998

Post by gap998 »

Mellowdogs_life wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:37 pm For anyone still following this pitiful saga, I got a call today to say that when they re-charged the gas, the machine indicated a leak again! This time the compressor. Which is a warranty claim, easily replaced and not on back order. Should be done by mid week.

Before anyone asks, no. I haven't asked to see the stone damaged condenser. I'm not picking up the bill for it, so what's the point? At this stage I just want my car back.

To be continued, no doubt. Really is the gift that keeps on giving though...
You must have had the last one - I've now got one on back order and they can't tell me when "Could be days, could be months!"
Enyaq iV60 Loft 100kW Charging, Arc. Silver, Regulus 19", Heat Pump, Ass'd Drive Pack, Parking+, Drive Sport, Conv.+, Transport Pack

Order 2-11-21 - Built 22-08-22 - Collected 28-09-22 - Drive Fault 4-10-22 - Back to Dealer 18-10-22 - Fixed 17-11-22
Mellowdogs_life

I'm sorry to hear that! I was very grateful it wasn't on back order as I'd already waited 4 months! If your case gets as out of hand as mine did, DM me and I will put you in touch with the MD's office. I am still awaiting an outcome following my complaint. They are "investigating it" and I will post the final outcome on here. Good luck and fingers crossed it'll be sorted for you shortly.
Mellowdogs_life

RichR wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:46 pm Finally! Now you can enjoy it again.
Indeed! It is an excellent family car. Fortunately!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post