Compatable CD player

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Thrall

Post by Thrall »

Can any Enyaq owner with similarly old fashioned taste in music media recommend a compatible CD player for a hoped-for 80x arriving in late autumn. Some vendors on A****** seem to imply the best route would be to buy, and return if not working properly... I´d prefer to make use of others´ experience.

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Spotify.............
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

If you really want to use your CDs you're probably better off converting them to MP3 (i think that's the right format, but check) files on a computer and either play them via your phone or USB stick through the cars sound system. You should be able to get several hundred CDs to fit on a single device.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

If it helps I us FLAC files as the media files on my Octavia, works perfectly
Ordered 26 March 22, Sportline 80, Graphite grey, Assisted Drive+, Infotainment Package+, Drive Sport+, Heat Pump. Zappi charger, delivered 17 Aug 22,
RichR

Post by RichR »

I suspect you won't find a CD player that presents itself as a USB storage device, and there's no wired analogue audio input on the Enyaq. Possibly if you found a CD player with Bluetooth output that would work, but it's far more sensible to use a computer to convert the songs to MP3 (or some other format) and put them on a USB flash drive, which is what most cars use these days. You'll get about a thousand CDs onto a £5 64GB USB flash drive.

The manual says that the car supports MP2, MP3, WMA, AAC, M4A OGG, FLAC, WAV, APE, and OPUS audio file formats.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

May aswell go full-on nostalgia and treat your passengers to an 8-track vibe, I say.

( * In all serioiusness, it does seem it is way more trouble than it's worth to install a CD player to most modern cars, and although it wasn't your question, using Spotify or simply ripping your CDs to a USB stick would be the easier route if you can accept a modern compromise. However, there is some chat here about using Bluetooth players etc... which might help a bit. Not much though: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/4 ... ay-my-cds/ )
dezember

Post by dezember »

If you really really want to, get a discman with bluettoth streaming like this and play your CD via bluetooth to the car.
https://amzn.to/3cz7ZDe

But like many said, converting it to a digital format is much more elegant :)
iV60 Metallic Green :) Assisted Drive. Climate basic. Light & view. Parking plus. Lounge. Ordered 1st Dec 2021. Delivered in August 2022.
Pol04

Post by Pol04 »

I put all my MP3's on SD Cards and connected them via a card reader to the USB C port at the front of the car but it just says 'No files found'. Why can't it see all the files i have on there?

Cheers
RichR

Post by RichR »

Are the files in a supported type? There’s a list in the manual. Try putting just a couple on, not in folders to confirm. How big is the card and what format is it?

I’ve got a 64GB USB flash drive formatted exfat with about 1000 MP3 files (mainly 320 kbps I think) in folders (artist, then album) and that works fine.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
dezember

Post by dezember »

Pol04 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:11 pm I put all my MP3's on SD Cards and connected them via a card reader to the USB C port at the front of the car but it just says 'No files found'. Why can't it see all the files i have on there?

Cheers
I think you have to go to the root folder and look for the files. And also make sure you USB hub works :)
iV60 Metallic Green :) Assisted Drive. Climate basic. Light & view. Parking plus. Lounge. Ordered 1st Dec 2021. Delivered in August 2022.