Cleaning - Proteus alloys!

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

foot tapper wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:11 pm Hi Ian,
Our car came with 20" Vega wheels in silver. They're not great either. We now have the 19" Regulus tyres fitted with winter wheels too.
The car rides much better on the 19" wheels and the Regulus wheels are much easier to clean.

To make the process even easier, I have coated the Regulus wheels with "GTECHNIQ C5 ALLOY WHEEL ARMOUR" The Enyaq's large wheels need the 30ml size.
The stuff isn't cheap but it really does last. It's what the professional detailers use.
You have to spend that 2+ hours thoroughly cleaning the wheels first but once it's on, you're done for at least a year. The brake dust just lifts off with warm water & detergent after that.

Hope this helps,
Thanks I’ll take a look at the product I’ve cleaned the Summer wheels already so they should be pretty good to go when the weather warms up. It’s the groove behind the spokes on the Proteus which is a real pain to clean.
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger

C2atb

Post by C2atb »

I used that and a few others , all I’ve needed for the past few years is a snow foam and wash , no wheel cleaner needed unlike previously on the kodiaq I went through few bottles of bilt hamber wheel cleaner a year which stinks !
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

I still use the bilt hamber auto snow foam and meguires soft wash gel for frequent washes
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

All Bilt Hamber products are excellent. Id try their newer Snow Foam "Touch Less" which is a bit more foamy than Auto Foam and clings a bit better. They do a quick hydrophobic coating called "Touch On" which goes with it and it is excellent at repelling water for a significant amount of time - can be applied through foam lance or just in a watering can. I'd use their shampoo as well for its anti corrosion properties.

There is no better fallout remover than BH Korrosol / Auto Wheel but it is expensive compared to say Car Chem Iron Detox at half the price but not so far off in terms of effectiveness.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post