Struggling to Activate car in MySkoda app

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Antonio PT

Post by Antonio PT »

Isn't the FACTORY RESET going to make you lose some of the settings or so?
Can you share what does the FACTORY RESET actually does?
I received my 80 couple days ago and still couldn't manage to Register the car.
I have installed the APP, used my email and created a password. Then when reading the QR code generated in the car it says "LOGIN WAS INTERRUPTED". It gives the impression that it is a communication problem... Actually close to the GLOBE the signal is changing all the time and sometimes I get a "X", meaning no signal..
I wonder if there's a way to use my home Router signal for the car to be able to Register?...
Help please, Thanks

Xplum

Post by Xplum »

Go back to the dealer as RichR says. They should have registered the car with Skoda and then the technician (if they have one who knows what they are doing) can link it for you. We pay a lot for the car so expect the service to a decent level.
Antonio PT

Post by Antonio PT »

I made it this morning.
Actually I did NOTHING different than before.. just that this time the QR reding worked well and the registration is now done.
So, conclusion is dont give up and keep trying until you get through..
Antonio PT

Post by Antonio PT »

Now that MY SKODA APP is active, I have a doubt.
In the MENU at the bottom of the APP, if I go NAVIGATE I get the following message: The service for Parking Positioning is currently desactivated...
Do you know how can this be activated?
Glen I

Post by Glen I »

After over a week of trying to get connected which included trying both android and I phone, deleting the app and reinstalling, creating a different user, pulling fuse 19 and a week of emails with Skoda's help desk, they sent me an email to install version 5. 2.1 of the app. I checked the one I had installed and even that I had installed it a couple of days before it was 5.1. To get the 5.2.1 l went to Skoda site and clicked the link, 5.2.1 installed, car activated first time all is good.

A note if you have 3.0 software installed no point pulling fuse 19, the car is constantly on wifi.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I'm having the same problem, just downloaded the app again via Android app store it's now my version 5.2.1 .. hopefully that works ..

Update... Failed to activate at home, drove to a spot with good 4g signal... Still failed!
Ordered 26 March 22, Sportline 80, Graphite grey, Assisted Drive+, Infotainment Package+, Drive Sport+, Heat Pump. Zappi charger, delivered 17 Aug 22,
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

@cycle. .. thanks for posting about the factory reset etc,. Just done that and finally managed to activate the account, definitely something the dealer should have sorted out before we picked the car up last week,.
Ordered 26 March 22, Sportline 80, Graphite grey, Assisted Drive+, Infotainment Package+, Drive Sport+, Heat Pump. Zappi charger, delivered 17 Aug 22,
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

MarkB wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:50 am @cycle. .. thanks for posting about the factory reset etc,. Just done that and finally managed to activate the account, definitely something the dealer should have sorted out before we picked the car up last week,.
I think one of the problems is the dealers have almost no experience with the car at the moment. There's 10x more knowledge on this forum than exists in the official skoda information pipe line.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

They certainly didn't seem to have a clue, and suggested booking it in sometime early Sept!!! I have to agree this forum is a great resource.
Wallis_100

Post by Wallis_100 »

I've had mine a week and been struggling with the same issues
Been sat on my drive with 5 bars,.v 3.0.0 But no luck.
Tried the factory reset , and eventually got the update - did that and it worked
Iv 60 loft. Energy blue, 100kw, towbar, heat pump, drive package plus
Ordered 28/sept/21 no delivery date yet... :roll:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post