Minor App bug: Range

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

So how do you get doors and lights? I've had the car 9 months and this is the first I've heard of it.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995

Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

DazAutomatic wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:01 pm So how do you get doors and lights? I've had the car 9 months and this is the first I've heard of it.

Vehicles that shipped with the ME3 software have the updated features on the MyŠKODA app.
Enyaq iV60 Loft, Brilliant Silver, 19” Regulus Anthracite. Plus Package. MY22 (Ordered 07/21 - Delivered 06/22).
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

HarryHuk wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:41 pm Well, after going wrong 5 minutes after refreshing with the correct value all day, I went to the shops, came back 5 hours ago, and the app is still showing the correct range.

Maybe the problem was server side, and they've fixed it now?

I thought was fixed, but I went to the shops today, and then I recharged at home back to 80%, and it was fine all through the charging until it was finished.

And then it did it again...

Just checked it again, and it's fine now...

[UPDATE] It seems it's mostly fixed. It still occurs just after charging, but open the car, and refresh the app, and it's fine again.
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

Well, on the back of Skoda Connect not allowing me to login (which is fixed now, I reported the range bug again (as Skoda Connect has the same problem. Would make sense if it's common code)

They came back with refreshing the screen to fix the problem is the intended behaviour.
Quite apart from refreshing the screen is not sufficient, you have to unlock the car, I replied strongly yet politely that I disagreed, and the UK market clearly wasn't so important to them.

Are they planning to sell in the US? (Edit: not currently, but the ID.4 is on sale in the US, and will have the same problem)
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

Yep, it looks like VW ID drivers have been seeing the same issues since last year.
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

I've had another reply from Skoda Support. They have made a fix on the server side, and there's an update to the app.

I tried it today and it seemed to be ok. I'm cautiously optimistic. Will try a slightly different scenario tomorrow.

EDIT: checked the app a few hours later, and it's still not fixed. 38%, 81 miles this afternoon is now showing 38%, 50 miles (i.e. 81km) :roll:

At least they're trying I guess
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Seems to be a work of fiction at the moment, mine reads 129miles on a 67% charge.
Ordered 26 March 22, Sportline 80, Graphite grey, Assisted Drive+, Infotainment Package+, Drive Sport+, Heat Pump. Zappi charger, delivered 17 Aug 22,
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

MarkB wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:52 am Seems to be a work of fiction at the moment, mine reads 129miles on a 67% charge.

Nearly 2 miles/% would be a not unreasonable guesstimate from mine, but it's a 60, so it equates to around 3.3 miles/kWh. Depending on my driving it can be anywhere from 3 miles/kWh to nearly 5 miles/kWh.

For an 80 though, it seems a little low, around 2.5 miles/kWh. What do you normally get, according to the driving data on the infotainment screen?
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

It is, given we've just completed a 201 mile round trip, when we got home it was 33% and 101 mile range, the car showed 3.9mkwh since last charge, we did a 100% charge before we went ..

Edit ... Car has 67% and 210miles range, app still says the same
Ordered 26 March 22, Sportline 80, Graphite grey, Assisted Drive+, Infotainment Package+, Drive Sport+, Heat Pump. Zappi charger, delivered 17 Aug 22,
ComicGeek

Post by ComicGeek »

MarkB wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:55 pm It is, given we've just completed a 201 mile round trip, when we got home it was 33% and 101 mile range, the car showed 3.9mkwh since last charge, we did a 100% charge before we went ..

Edit ... Car has 67% and 210miles range, app still says the same
Yes, so the app is being given a range value, but thinks that it's in kms (it's not, it's in miles) so converts to miles - 210 km = 130 miles.

I've updated the app but haven't been able to test it yet, as my car has been sat in the garage for the last couple of weeks after someone tried to park inside the car rather than next to it in a car park :evil:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post