Minor App bug: Range

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

ComicGeek wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:36 pm
What did they say? That's happening all the time with me now, never used to.

Just had a reply. They're looking into it.
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)

Helijock

Post by Helijock »

My app is different to the one shown above. It is version 5.1.0 dated 6 June 2022. No sign of doors , lights etc only battery charge, Climate control and departure planner. The second page is only charging related.
Ordered June 21. Race Blue, Suit, 19" Proteus wheels, 100kw charging, Heat Pump, Comfort seat plus, Climate package plus, Transport pack, Drive Sport basic, Assisted Drive basic, Parking basic. Then I ran out of money!
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

Helijock wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:01 am My app is different to the one shown above. It is version 5.1.0 dated 6 June 2022. No sign of doors , lights etc only battery charge, Climate control and departure planner. The second page is only charging related.

That's the one I have. Sometimes a section or 2 goes missing temporarily, depending on connection, server state and the phase of the moon
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Helijock wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:01 am My app is different to the one shown above. It is version 5.1.0 dated 6 June 2022. No sign of doors , lights etc only battery charge, Climate control and departure planner. The second page is only charging related.

Yep - same here, too (iOS).

F541AF96-0D21-4B12-99C6-2BEC2E7B6ECB.png

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

I was asked to do the shake shake bug report thing (which also sends logs) with screenshot next time it incorrectly makes the conversion.
In order our technical support team to assist you to resolve the issue, please kindly:

- we would like to ask you if the App does not convert to km even after updating the information by swiping from top to bottom.

- Please share with us a screenshot where the issue would be visible.

If the issue remains even after updating the information, please provide us logs from the App.

1. Shortly shake with your mobile device until a form appears,
2. Fill in the form and press the "Send" button,
3. After sending the log, kindly return the ticket back to us with information.

With the logs, our technical support team will be able to proceed with the analysis of the issue.

Once again thank you so much and we are looking forward to your reply.

We hope that within this procedure the complaint will be resolved to your full satisfaction and you will
continue to favor the ŠKODA brand.

With kind regards,
Of course it's behaving for me at the moment, which they took to mean it was resolved, and I said it's intermittent so I don't accept that it's resolved unless it behaves for at least a day.

If anyone else catches theirs showing the problem, please also report it with the info requested.
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

HarryHuk wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:19 pm I was asked to do the shake shake bug report thing (which also sends logs) with screenshot next time it incorrectly makes the conversion.
In order our technical support team to assist you to resolve the issue, please kindly:

- we would like to ask you if the App does not convert to km even after updating the information by swiping from top to bottom.

- Please share with us a screenshot where the issue would be visible.

If the issue remains even after updating the information, please provide us logs from the App.

1. Shortly shake with your mobile device until a form appears,
2. Fill in the form and press the "Send" button,
3. After sending the log, kindly return the ticket back to us with information.

With the logs, our technical support team will be able to proceed with the analysis of the issue.

Once again thank you so much and we are looking forward to your reply.

We hope that within this procedure the complaint will be resolved to your full satisfaction and you will
continue to favor the ŠKODA brand.

With kind regards,
Of course it's behaving for me at the moment, which they took to mean it was resolved, and I said it's intermittent so I don't accept that it's resolved unless it behaves for at least a day.

If anyone else catches theirs showing the problem, please also report it with the info requested.

Just caught it in the act and logged a report.
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
ComicGeek

Post by ComicGeek »

Mine is slightly different in that it always states miles on the app, but sometimes then reconverts the miles assuming incorrectly that it was originally kms - ie range of 200 miles, app then states 125 miles (having thought that 200 miles was 200 km).

It normally corrects itself after I refresh the app 4/5 times, but is annoying.

I didn't know about the bug reporting shake, so thanks for that - will log it next time.
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

ComicGeek wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:35 pm Mine is slightly different in that it always states miles on the app, but sometimes then reconverts the miles assuming incorrectly that it was originally kms - ie range of 200 miles, app then states 125 miles (having thought that 200 miles was 200 km).

It normally corrects itself after I refresh the app 4/5 times, but is annoying.

I didn't know about the bug reporting shake, so thanks for that - will log it next time.
Nope, that's basically the same bug, you've described it perfectly. It also happens if the app is in km. I think it happens when the car is in miles.
The conversion is wrongly applied after the car has been locked for around 5 minutes.

For me it corrects itself by opening the car and checking on the infotainment screen, and then refreshing the app

Update: minimum intervention (I think):
  1. Unlock the car with the key fob (no need to open - but if you don't it will lock itself again after 30s, before the app shows it's unlocked)
  2. If you didn't open the door and it re-locked itself, unlock again and refresh until it shows unlocked in the app, (~90seconds since you first unlocked)
  3. Refresh the battery status, and it will have the correct range again. (for about the next 5 minutes...)
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

Goaty wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:10 am I didn’t know about the shake thing to submit a bug report. I’ll definitely start using that. I had an issue the other day where the app was insisting the charger wasn’t connected, but my Enyaq was definitely charging.

By the way (lazy programming indeed!) - to get access to your VIN, just press the ‘more’ icon in the bottom right, and then select Vehicle Details. You should then be able to copy the VIN and paste it into the Bug Report page.

I agree the process should’ve been programmed to enter your details that are already inside the app on the form and you just describe the bug you’re reporting.

In case anyone is not aware, an easy way to enter VIN (or any other detail, phrase occasionally/frequently without having to memorise long characters if you’re on iOS (iPhone/iPad) is to create a Keyboard shortcut: Settings > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement.

E.g I currently have ‘evin’ shortcut for the full VIN number. Anywhere I type the shortcut ‘evin’ (e=enyaq + vin to remember easily) it automatically expands into the word or phrase and translates it into the full VIN. Knowing I’ll need to enter the same details repeatedly as I register for various services that requires these details, this saves a lot of time. Another example, I type ‘ereg’ for the vehicle registration (yes I know it’s only 3 letters short of the full reg but if it takes you a while to memorise your new vehicle reg this is an easy way).
Enyaq iV60 Loft, Brilliant Silver, 19” Regulus Anthracite. Plus Package. MY22 (Ordered 07/21 - Delivered 06/22).
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

Well, after going wrong 5 minutes after refreshing with the correct value all day, I went to the shops, came back 5 hours ago, and the app is still showing the correct range.

Maybe the problem was server side, and they've fixed it now?
Heat pump, 19" wheels,

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post