My Graphite Grey iV 60 - first week ownership quirks...

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

Ric wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:49 am My experience similar. I attempted to download the digital user manual as the small booklet which came with the car refers frequently that 'this is only available in the digital manual'. I can access the digital version via the skoda site, but can't download a copy onto my ipad/desktop. After several iterations with my local skoda dealer and skoda HQ, it turns out that you can't download it. So if you are a skoda owner with a dodgy internet connection ..... be afraid, be very afraid! I think we are all a bit of an experiment as the car is so new. I'm finding out new things it can do day-by-day simply by trial and error.

But the car is great, and having struggled to get my podpoint working (which it now does) I'm a happy bunny.

Try this Owners Manual: viewtopic.php?t=184
Enyaq iV60 Loft, Brilliant Silver, 19” Regulus Anthracite. Plus Package. MY22 (Ordered 07/21 - Delivered 06/22).

fivetide

Post by fivetide »

Bit of an update, following a couple of weeks of driving around in the new motor:
- It's a very striking, shiny car that gets a lot of attention because it's still a fairly rare sight. It's a very comfortable and refined place to be, and I like it a lot
- I've got an airbag warning light. This isn't ideal, but I simply cannot be arsed to hand it over to a dealer anytime soon. I have no faith in a quick turnaround from Skoda
- Even when registered, synched and working, the app is complete crap. It barely tells you anything, and even when the car is charged, the data shown is incorrect. Very disappointed having got used to excelleny Hyundai app, which just works from the off
- I've been driving in B with a fair focus on economy. However my fully charged car in the sunshine still reads 225. No idea what the manufaturer figures could possibly be based on. I miss the Hyundai app breakdown that shows what is being lost to entertainment, A/C etc...
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

@fivetide If you want to maximise economy leave it in D and lift and coast as much as possible. Regen is better than mechanical brakes, but no braking is best (at least the minimum practical).
It’s surprised me how little drag there is compared to an ICE car, & how far it will coast only losing speed very slowly.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
Apocryph

Post by Apocryph »

fivetide wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:32 pm ...- Driving it home was a mixed bag. For the last six months I have been driving a Hyundai Kona Electric Ultimate as a stop-gap EV. I originally thought this loaner was a bit small and odd, but by the time I handed it back I was actually sorry to see it go! It is much smaller than the Enyaq, and not as plush, but accelerated much faster and was hilarious to drive, always putting a smile on my face. In contrast, although the Enyaq is very comfortable and smart inside and out, it also feels extremely sensible and grown up. Fortunately I very much am a grown up. But it has to be said that the drive is a little more ordinary and sedate then the weird little Hyundai I grew to love, despite initial reactions. At the moment I am impressed by the quality of the Enyaq, but perhaps a little underwhelmed by the driving experience? That's probably harsh; the drive is fine, but not exciting.
I ordered my Enyaq in November and still waiting for the order to be accepted. In the meantime my wife has a Kona EV Ultimate and I know what you mean!

It 'feels' bigger than it is, but it's no wider than a Fiesta. It drives brilliantly like you said, and whilst it's very 'Hyundai' on the inside. I've had some properly fast cars in my time - too fast for the likes of me to be impressed by some humble Hyundai. And yet every time I put my foot down, a smile always sneaks its way onto my face.

It's a very underrated car, and reading your post did not surprise me how you felt in comparison.
Ordered: Enyaq Coupe iV vRS (Hyper Green). ETA July '22. Then September '22. Now who knows?
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

Driving around in D this week on recommendation of MikeJL. It is both odd that i hadn;t even considered driving in D, and also a weird expereince after only driving in B and previously on full regen in the Kona. The coasting, as I guess everyone but me knows, is quite formidable, but I had got used to the nice torquey feel, and not using the foot brake in bends. Will see how the economy fairs, but I reckon it might improve as suggested.
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

In my honest opinion the difference between D and B is so minimal, that one should only use the one that suits them best.

Yes, coasting does not waste so much kinetic energy to heat comparing to B, but I would guess the net gain is only couple miles between charging sessions. So who cares?

I mostly do B on cities and small roads, but find D better when on highways using the ACC. When disengaging ACC i find it better to start coasting and use paddles/brake to set new speed as I wish. If ACC was disengaged on B, the initial regen brake is too harsh to me.

If you would want to maximize your range in some kind of eco-driving, you should focus on anticipating each acceleration and deceleration. Sometimes coast, sometimes B, sometimes go 2/3 regen etc. No button suits all settings.
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

Only anecdotal evidence I realise, but my full charge on the 60 is 18 miles higher this time (240 vs 222) having used D rather than B for a week of commuting. That's coasting and allowing the car to auto brake for bends and junctions, rather than using B to regen.
fivetide

Post by fivetide »

So disappointed with the crappy app :/

Can’t lock remotely, most of the limited functionality doesn’t work anyway, and it can’t even accurately repeat the correct fully charged range.

Surely someone could have spent the enormous time wasted in production delays sorting out the software at least?! Daft.

9041B8AB-0C83-49E1-9521-2CC322413504.jpeg

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

I don’t have those things (doors, windows) on my app anyway. In the 5 years that I had a 2016 BMW 5 series, the app never worked, either. At least the Skoda app does relatively successfully start the heating / cooling remotely. Absolute waste of time on the BMW app.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Bferry70

Post by Bferry70 »

fivetide wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:21 am Only anecdotal evidence I realise, but my full charge on the 60 is 18 miles higher this time (240 vs 222) having used D rather than B for a week of commuting. That's coasting and allowing the car to auto brake for bends and junctions, rather than using B to regen.
Since receiving my 60 Enyaq I've covered just shy of 1,000 miles using both D & B. (mainly town driving other than a couple of 100 mile motorway trips). I tend to favour the D option and coast more using the flappy paddles instead of breaks as much as possible. Interestingly though - my full charge range is giving me up to 269 miles.

Range.jpg

Enyaq iV 60 EcoSuite

Family Pack Plus, Climate Pack Basic, Drive Sport Pack Basic, Parking Pack Basic, 125kw DC Charging. Ordered 27th July, ETA March / April 2022

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post