Euro Headlight Deflectors

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
galvogalvo

Post by galvogalvo »

Ordered some Eurolites that arrived today, and despite the online version of the fitting guide not referencing the Enyaq at all (even the link that says click to download the updated PDF), the printed version in the packet does have an entry with a template. If you're buying in person make sure you get the latest stock if possible.
Enyaq IV 80 Suite - Ordered July '21, Delivered November '21 | Quartz Grey, 125kW DC, Retractable Tow Bar, Heat Pump, Family Pack, Climate Package Plus

Many bike racks (rooftop and towbar!)

IanEV

Post by IanEV »

That’s good news! Any chance you can post an image please? I’ve a few packs to go through before I need to buy any new ones
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
Robertiv60

Post by Robertiv60 »

Hi after a lot of messing around and contacting Skoda have found you do not need euro headlight deflectors. I have LED basic headlights on my iv60 which apparently are set so they require no adjustment when driving on the right. For Full LED headlights high, these have the adjustment in the software settings in the infotainment system
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

Robertiv60 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:55 am Hi after a lot of messing around and contacting Skoda have found you do not need euro headlight deflectors. I have LED basic headlights on my iv60 which apparently are set so they require no adjustment when driving on the right. For Full LED headlights high, these have the adjustment in the software settings in the infotainment system
Having drawn up to our wooden gates late last night, the dip pattern appears to be the classic 'top of a Y on its side' with the light raising to the left. I'd be very surprised if this didn't shine into the oncoming cars when driving abroad and didn't look dissimilar to our previous cars where we had to add deflectors. Did Skoda give a reason for their comment? Thanks
IV80 Suite, Race blue, 20” Vega alloys, heat pump, electric tow bar, panoramic sunroof, 125kW, climate/transport packs, ordered July 21, delivered November 21. 1st EV and still loving it.
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

AndyH wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:35 am
Robertiv60 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:55 am Hi after a lot of messing around and contacting Skoda have found you do not need euro headlight deflectors. I have LED basic headlights on my iv60 which apparently are set so they require no adjustment when driving on the right. For Full LED headlights high, these have the adjustment in the software settings in the infotainment system
Having drawn up to our wooden gates late last night, the dip pattern appears to be the classic 'top of a Y on its side' with the light raising to the left. I'd be very surprised if this didn't shine into the oncoming cars when driving abroad and didn't look dissimilar to our previous cars where we had to add deflectors. Did Skoda give a reason for their comment? Thanks

If you have the basic matrix LED headlight package, the headlights can do all sorts of things automatically (like light up to the side when turning a corner, or automatically dipping in the region where it detects oncoming headlights.
Also, in the settings you can specify driving on the left (UK), or driving on the right (continent), to change the default headlight direction.
I chose the basic LED matrix package so I wouldn't need stick-on deflectors any more.
That and the animated indicators and taillights :D
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
metoikoi

Post by metoikoi »

Hi

The thread didn't seem to reach a definitive conclusion. I have the eurolites with a Enyaq specific lookup in the instructions (193 for anyone else) but the setup illustrated in 193 bears no relation whatsoever to the lights themselves, to my simple drivers mind at least.

If anyone feels like they've nailed this one it'd be good to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

G
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

metoikoi wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:55 am Hi

The thread didn't seem to reach a definitive conclusion. I have the eurolites with a Enyaq specific lookup in the instructions (193 for anyone else) but the setup illustrated in 193 bears no relation whatsoever to the lights themselves, to my simple drivers mind at least.

If anyone feels like they've nailed this one it'd be good to hear your thoughts.

Thanks
G

I agree - 193 looks nothing like the “Enya-q“ (🤣) lights. Actually 192 and 194 look more representative!

Don’t copy me - I’m sure I got it wrong (as they should not be symmetrical) but I’ve been driving around Europe for the last 2 weeks, largely at night, with my Eurolites positioned as shown in my photos and I haven’t been flashed at all by oncoming traffic.

19776426-6839-49B7-AF23-53693B6B91FD.jpeg

44674F86-673B-46AF-9A96-8C392011E784.jpeg

A5E66001-EFD2-4201-AAA5-9F572290EA97.jpeg

E2217466-9B72-466D-801E-B3F0B8D43C94.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
metoikoi

Post by metoikoi »

Wow. Perfect.
I've handed the task over to my 19 year old engineering student son. If he comes of TikTok for a while I'll share this with him and we'll see where we get to. I'll post back any additional findings.

Thanks so much.

G

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post