Dash cam

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

tiger tony wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:20 pm Theres an ignition on supply (15) available for the rear wiper motor which could be tapped off. Fuse 66, 15A. I'm sure the few mA drawn by the camera wouldn't worry it .
Thanks, I'll give this a try.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi

ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Has anyone fitted a Garmin dash cam using their parking cable kit? Although you can power the camera from the regular 12v socket (usb adapter supplied), the parking cable allows for 'parking mode' where the camera is off but the vibration sensor is on, so it only records when it detects movement. Arguably this is already too late to be useful but I'm thinking better than nothing. One of the features of the parking mode cable is that it is supposed to stop draining your 12v battery too much. I came across this clip which showed that if you take the cover off and invalidate your warranty you can change the minimum allowed voltage before shutoff from 11.7, 12 and 12.3.

I definitely don't want to flatten my battery, so I'm thinking I'd like to change from 11.7 to 12v. Has anyone tried this or had the experience of powering a dash cam from the 12v battery with the ignition off? Has anyone monitored the 12v battery with a dash cam and OBD2? I've just checked the voltage of my battery at 12.3v and it's currently powering the camera from the 12v socket in the boot. Not sure what it should be without the camera attached.
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
Enyaq

Post by Enyaq »

Is the 12v socket in the boot live all the time or is that ignition switched....?
iV60 Arctic Silver, 20" Vega's, Pod Point 7kw home charger. F & R Dash cams with fuse mod. and a few farkles...... :D
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Mine is live all the time. But I believe its possible to make it ignition only with a fuse position change.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Enyaq wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:16 pm Is the 12v socket in the boot live all the time or is that ignition switched....?
viewtopic.php?t=1295
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
Enyaq

Post by Enyaq »

Thanks tiger tony. very helpful....
iV60 Arctic Silver, 20" Vega's, Pod Point 7kw home charger. F & R Dash cams with fuse mod. and a few farkles...... :D
John Arnold

Post by John Arnold »

Thanks to everyone that replied. All very helpful. Glad you were able to help.
lex

Post by lex »

skrachs wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:19 am Installed it myself.
Almost can't see any wiring :)
WhatsApp Image 2022-08-30 at 7.28.33 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-08-30 at 7.28.33 AM (1).jpeg
That looks very clean! How did you get the cable through the boot panel? I've not been able to find anything on removing that to help
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

lex wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:04 pm
That looks very clean! How did you get the cable through the boot panel? I've not been able to find anything on removing that to help
First remove the lower half of the inner bootlid trim panel by pulling it hard away from the boot lid ( lots of tough clips to release ! ). I start from the one lower corner and work my way round. You may need an extra pair of hands to support the trim while you disconnect the cables from the boot panel lights etc.

Now you have access to remove the two Torx head bolts (item 4 on 2nd drawing ) on either side of the upper half trim. Then simply pull it all away from boot lid. Its tough, but designed to removed.

Access to feed the cables through the rear rubber gators towards the headlining is easy then.

Putting it back is again quite easy, just bang the trim back in place ensuring all clips are fully located.

Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
lex

Post by lex »

tiger tony wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:34 pm First remove the lower half of the inner bootlid trim panel by pulling it hard away from the boot lid ( lots of tough clips to release ! ). I start from the one lower corner and work my way round. You may need an extra pair of hands to support the trim while you disconnect the cables from the boot panel lights etc.

Now you have access to remove the two Torx head bolts (item 4 on 2nd drawing ) on either side of the upper half trim. Then simply pull it all away from boot lid. Its tough, but designed to removed.

Access to feed the cables through the rear rubber gators towards the headlining is easy then.

Putting it back is again quite easy, just bang the trim back in place ensuring all clips are fully located.
Thanks for the detailed information, very helpful! Wife is not happy with me pulling panels off the brand new car, so I'll have to do it while she's not watching :D

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post