Charger - Bidirectional - V2G // V2H ?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
lagus

Post by lagus »

Hi all, I'm new to this and eagerly waiting for my Enyaq that will be delivered any year now... :roll:

Anyway, - CHARGER.

As homeautomation is a deep interest of mine and not happy to shell out for these energy prices which won't be cheaper as time goes.
I will use my home charger when it's cheap to charge and then discharge the car for my homes consumption when it's expensive.
I got hourly energy prices and am located in a 230v EU country.

With this intro: I'm looking for a bidirectional charger so I can use my car as a home battery (not V2G / resell).

Is/Was anyone in the same situation and found a bidirectional charging solution?

My Googlefu found Wallbox Quasar 2 but haven't seen any larger following/test with it yet.
Please share your experiences and, or your frustration as there seems to be a lack of options now.
**Enyaq Black Sportsline 80** - Ordered March 22 - Delivered Jan -23
Nordic - Assisted Drive Plus - Canton Sound System - Convenience Plus - Parking Plus with 360 cam - Electric Towing Hook - Comfort seat basic - Heatpump

EcoAdventure

Post by EcoAdventure »

It's an interesting idea using an EV battery as a buffer for surplus self-generated electricity.

I didn't think the VW group vehicles architecture (MEB) supported bi-directional energy flow just yet. When shopping around for an EV I couldn't find any mainstream European cars that offered V2H and only a few chargers that mentioned supporting that feature.

If love to know if the Enyaq can be updated / enabled for V2H as the car is amazing to drive and would be a real bonus if it could help yet further with energy costs!
Enyaq 60 Lodge in Race Blue with a few packs.
Ordered 28th June 2021, delivered 9th July 2022.
Lorttrol

Post by Lorttrol »

According to this all MEB based vehicles with the 77kw battery will get V2G and it will be enabled via an over the air update that will roll out in 2022. This is more likely to be 2023 with all the delays in the 3.0 software and holdups at the factory but this is just my guess.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/cleantechn ... -2022/amp/
Ordered 8th Jan 22 - 80, Energy Blue, Loft, Light and View +, Convenience +, Drive Pack +, Comfort seat basic, Climate Package basic, Drive Sport Basic and HUD. Delivery 41 weeks to the day!
Previous: Tarraco, 1st Edition Plus 2.0 TDI 7 speed DSG 4WD
lagus

Post by lagus »

EcoAdventure wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:58 pm If love to know if the Enyaq can be updated / enabled for V2H as the car is amazing to drive and would be a real bonus if it could help yet further with energy costs!
Yeah Enyaq is a MEB based car and should according to the above mentioned articles (with more online) support bidirectional charging with a SW update.

I'm not at this moment able to store selfgenerated energy (no solar panels yet) but planning on charging when the energy is cheap and discharge (use) energy to home when it's expensive.
However this needs a smart bidirectional charger which I haven't seen on the market yet except the Wallbox Quasar (2) model.

Any other?
Nordic - Assisted Drive Plus - Canton Sound System - Convenience Plus - Parking Plus with 360 cam - Electric Towing Hook - Comfort seat basic - Heatpump
jamesm

Post by jamesm »

Take a look at Indra - https://www.indra.co.uk/v2h#V2h-FAQs they are working on this and plan to conduct trials - initially on CHAdeMO connection vehicles only (Nissan LEAF etc) Phase 2 will probably extended more widely, but have no further information. I do not have an EV yet, but am very interested in V2H. My home renovation will include basic wiring for a charging point.
zice

Post by zice »

yeah, will be supported in ME 3.1 apparently
lagus

Post by lagus »

zice wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:30 am yeah, will be supported in ME 3.1 apparently
What is ME 3.1 and where can I get more information about it?
Excuse me, I'm a bit of a new comer and do not yet have my Enyaq.
Archer17

Post by Archer17 »

Hi Iagus
It’s the new software update for the Enyaq. Owners are as of today receiving an email about it. The email also describes what the software changes are. It’s a dealer visit one will contact you to arrange. Apparently once this software update is done any further updates will be OTA ( Over The Air)
Hope this helps
Skoda Enyaq 80 Sportline collected 29/09/21. Quartz grey metallic, Pan roof, tow bar, 125 charging, Comfort seat, Drive Sport+, Climate pack+, Assisted Drive, Parking, Light and View and Convenience pack.
orrery

Post by orrery »

As I understand it:
V2H is vehicle to home, which provides 230v from a socket.
V2G is vehicle to Grid, which connects to a DC charger which then connects to the grid.

Chademo has V2G specified (and working on the Leaf), but my understanding is that CCS doesn't have an agreed spec yet.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
lagus

Post by lagus »

orrery wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:17 pm As I understand it:
V2H is vehicle to home, which provides 230v from a socket.
What you describe here is V2L -> Vehicle 2 Load (You can plug in your microwave to your car and pop popcorn on a trip).
That's not directly what I'm looking for as my usage is limited that way.

The ones I'm looking for (mostly the ones to home).
V2H -> Connect your car to your home energy distribution system (Cables and outlets in your walls).
V2G -> Grid, Sell back energy from your car to energy buyers on your grid.

Yeah I have also heard somewhere that the CCS plugs still do not have a standard for V2H/G loads yet.
And please keep this thread open to keep updating on this. Energy prices are steep, if I can cover my homes usage over expensive periods, it would save $$$&€€€ ! ;)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post