Charger flap locking sound?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
zice

Post by zice »

Do y'all hear/notice a click/locking sound from rear right, either after putting in D mode or after engaging parking brake (after than spring-like tightening noise)?
I checked with someone outside the car, once you engage parking brake, the flap is unlocked. If you engage D, it gets locked and can't be opened from outside.

zice

Post by zice »

hmm, anyone?
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

I have not noticed this. Even if it does happen I wouldn’t see it as a problem-nobody is going to attempt to siphon my electricity out while I’m sitting in the car! And when I leave the car all is locked…

Fossilnot
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

I get a faint whir sound from the charge port flap locking motor for 1/2 second as its being locked or unlocked. But no clicking noise.
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
zice

Post by zice »

Fossilnot wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:33 am I have not noticed this. Even if it does happen I wouldn’t see it as a problem-nobody is going to attempt to siphon my electricity out while I’m sitting in the car! And when I leave the car all is locked…

Fossilnot
locking/unlocking is fine, but it's the click/clack noise that bothers me.
@tigertony: you hear the clack after the whirr (comes when you pull parkbrake) or does it feel it's the same sound?
zice

Post by zice »

recorded a small clip, do any of you hear anything remotely as loud as this?
clip starts with engaging D, then parkbrake, then D again, then parkbrake again.

C2atb

Post by C2atb »

I’ll have to try tmrw mine makes a creaking sound on handbrake and pretty sure a clunk but same sound as when chargers starts but I’ll let you know
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

zice wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:33 pm
@tigertony: you hear the clack after the whirr (comes when you pull parkbrake) or does it feel it's the same sound?
I had to listen carefully for it, but I do hear a very, very feint clack immediately after the whir, and only after the parking brake has been pulled on.
But its hardly noticeable from inside the vehicle, although its slightly louder outside.

Trouble is, now you've mentioned this I'm constantly listening out for it each time I park ! !
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

@Zice : Is the Clack noise you hear (and also me now) nothing to do with the charge port flap, but possibly the charge plug locking mechanism releasing itself ready for you to insert your charging plug ?

This plug lock is spring loaded to lock mode and has an electrical solenoid to unlock ready for you to insert or release the plug. You can hear it 'clack' after you've finished charging and are ready to pull out the plug sometimes.

That's why if you have a flat 12v battery and no power available you have to use the emergency manual release strap behind the port in the boot to unlock and release the plug.
Mfhphil

Post by Mfhphil »

Wow, the small nuances of Enyaq ownership. Not trying to hijack the post but my wipers move around 12mm (unmeasured) when I turn on/off. They flick slightly one way when turning on and the other when turning off. Not a big problem but made me jump first time it happened (delicate type)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post