Charger flap locking sound?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
zice

Post by zice »

tiger tony wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:45 pm @Zice : Is the Clack noise you hear (and also me now) nothing to do with the charge port flap, but possibly the charge plug locking mechanism releasing itself ready for you to insert your charging plug ?

This plug lock is spring loaded to lock mode and has an electrical solenoid to unlock ready for you to insert or release the plug. You can hear it 'clack' after you've finished charging and are ready to pull out the plug sometimes.

That's why if you have a flat 12v battery and no power available you have to use the emergency manual release strap behind the port in the boot to unlock and release the plug.
yeah, could be, it's that solenoid making the noise. Something locks the flap port as soon as you engage D making the flap impossible to open by pushing.
If you engage park brake, you can open the flap by pushing. Weird is i haven't heard it being so loud in other Enyaqs i test drove so far.

tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Mfhphil wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:01 pm Wow, the small nuances of Enyaq ownership. Not trying to hijack the post but my wipers move around 12mm (unmeasured) when I turn on/off. They flick slightly one way when turning on and the other when turning off. Not a big problem but made me jump first time it happened (delicate type)
Mine do that occasionally too !
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
Lorttrol

Post by Lorttrol »

Mfhphil wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:01 pm Wow, the small nuances of Enyaq ownership. Not trying to hijack the post but my wipers move around 12mm (unmeasured) when I turn on/off. They flick slightly one way when turning on and the other when turning off. Not a big problem but made me jump first time it happened (delicate type)
A lot of cars do this. The wipers have a park position. Its slightly lower for a couple of reasons, one is they are less visible to the driver, another is that being hidden a bit more improves the aerodynamics. When you switch them on and they wipe the first time they'll sit in the ready position, ready to wipe when needed and when turned off they return to the park position. Hope this helps answer any curiosities.
Ordered 8th Jan 22 - 80, Energy Blue, Loft, Light and View +, Convenience +, Drive Pack +, Comfort seat basic, Climate Package basic, Drive Sport Basic and HUD. Delivery 41 weeks to the day!
Previous: Tarraco, 1st Edition Plus 2.0 TDI 7 speed DSG 4WD
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

tiger tony wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:19 pm
Mine do that occasionally too !
Same here!
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
zice

Post by zice »

the reason for the blades twitching after you start moving the car is that the arms move slightly up in order to arrange the whole length of the blade properly so that when needed, they will wipe at the right angle to the glass. Also as protection in case blade is frozen to the glass. A lot of Skodas do that. It basically alternates parking positions.
zice

Post by zice »

ok, regarding click noise i tested more today. It is indeed something inside the charger port itself that makes the noise, not the flap or the left-side knob that pushes in/out and locks the flap. I opened the car and then the flap and left it open. Then i repeatedly closed/opened the car and the noise is definitely coming from "inside/behind" the charger itself. Damn loud compared to other Enyaqs i tested, but hey.....wonder if it's worth talking to the dealer about it.
zice

Post by zice »

do y'all hear a relay-like click sound (kind of under the seat) when you sit on the driver seat first time after opening the car?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post