My Skoda Route Planner Range error 3.0

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

The new route planner app, which provides the predicted remaining battery level, also seems affected by the Miles/km error currently present on the Enyaq MySKoda app. Although my app is currently showing the correct value for the predicted range (334 miles @98%) having just been to my car and checked the charging page, the route planning still has the 1.61 error. The app thinks that my iv80 would have a range of 145miles and plans a route accordingly via a charge station. However, the same destination planned in the car estimates and calculates 'correctly'. For now, the usefulness of app-planned routes sent to the car remains compromised for journeys beyond the 'true' range of your vehicle minus the 60% error. Seems strange that such an incredibly simple and easily identifiable bug has lasted this long without being sorted. Hopefully will be corrected soon, but I'm not holding my breath.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi

SwedBear

Post by SwedBear »

What is the apps name? I did not know they had a separate Route Planner app and I cannot seem to find it in AppStore?
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Indeed, the ‘app-to-car’ consistency of information is still somewhat questionable; it tells me the car is cooling (when it isn’t) or that’s it’s stopped charging (when it hasn’t) or worse, the other way round!

I don’t really rely on it now for anything important (and certainly wouldn’t rely on it for an apparent ‘dog mode’ discussed elsewhere recently!)

I tried to route our journey back to the UK in the Skoda app yesterday and it wouldn’t work.

Whist in mainland Europe, I’ve actually been using ChargeMap to advise the routes and stops I need to make if charging is involved. Over the last few weeks, we’ve made several journeys where 2 or 3 stops are required, and it’s been perfect (it sends the next segment of the route to Waze or Google Maps).

(I hope I haven’t spoken too soon; 800 mile journey back to the UK tonight).
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

SwedBear wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:40 am What is the apps name? I did not know they had a separate Route Planner app and I cannot seem to find it in AppStore?

On the MySkoda app, there is a Navigation button 👍
At least, there is on my iOS version.

F5EBC019-E7D2-4A4F-8570-64F080ED3CC2.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

SwedBear wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:40 am What is the apps name? I did not know they had a separate Route Planner app and I cannot seem to find it in AppStore?
It's in the current Android and iOS versions of the App. Not sure if it's only 3.0 users only as my car came with it. Maybe it isn't available for pre 3.0? It allows you to plan a route on the app and send it to the car so next time you get in, it asks you if you'd like to follow this recently uploaded route.

It also shows you the current location of the car, so if you forget which street you've parked it on, you can look in the app. Presumably, if you're towed it will show you where the car has been taken too. Not tried this though. Curiosity has it's limits.
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
rgbgr

Post by rgbgr »

I have the "Navigate" button in my app, but I get the message "The Parking Position service is currently disabled". As per the usual Skoda software design guidelines, there's no further information on how to enable it. Is anybody able to help me out?
Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

Even when stationary, car switched off, the Navigate/Trip Planner tab on the MySkoda app has consistently displayed the dialogue that my vehicle is in motion and parking position will be available once I stop. The app is one of the most inconsistent I’ve ever used. Matter of patience until they fix issues and align it with the cars true status, but I fear that won’t happen until they finished overseeing the update to ME3. 😏.
Enyaq iV60 Loft, Brilliant Silver, 19” Regulus Anthracite. Plus Package. MY22 (Ordered 07/21 - Delivered 06/22).
SwedBear

Post by SwedBear »

Ahh, I am stupid :). I thought it was a separate app. I also got 3.0 with my car and while I saw the "Position"-tab in MySkoda I did not think about that it had navigation as it just told me "parking position is currently not activated" and I did not realize I could click on that message and get to the planner. it seems the Skodas collaboration with ABRP is showing up there as it has the ABRP-logo when showing the route.

I tested it with a longer 5 hour jorney my wife is going to do next month (Stockholm - Änglholm in Sweden) and then I compared the route it calculated with the same route directly in ABRP (same start %) and it looks like it picked the same charging stations during the way.
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

SwedBear wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:56 pm Ahh, I am stupid :). I thought it was a separate app. I also got 3.0 with my car and while I saw the "Position"-tab in MySkoda I did not think about that it had navigation as it just told me "parking position is currently not activated" and I did not realize I could click on that message and get to the planner. it seems the Skodas collaboration with ABRP is showing up there as it has the ABRP-logo when showing the route.

I tested it with a longer 5 hour jorney my wife is going to do next month (Stockholm - Änglholm in Sweden) and then I compared the route it calculated with the same route directly in ABRP (same start %) and it looks like it picked the same charging stations during the way.
I think if you're using km for distance, you'll be fine.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post