Software Update 2022

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
RIDICKSON

Post by RIDICKSON »

Has anyone been notified that their Enyaq needs a Software Update by Skoda UK? And had the update done?
I contacted my local dealer and got this reply
“The logistics of this campaign for the software updates is proving rather difficult. We will need your Enyaq for approx. 2 days. There are 2 parts we need to replace - one of which needs to be ordered for the following day after a check is done and the other is for a battery replacement. After the parts are fitted - there are 6 software updates that need conducting also - which may well total to 8 hours.”
Seems a bit more than a software update.
Interested to hear the experience of others.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Not yet - but I’m happy to be a Guinea-pig to see how long it takes them to notify me, without me chasing them or mentioning it when it goes in for servicing etc.

I know…. what a martyr 🤣. It’s a company car so I’m not all that bothered and prepared to wait (especially as it’s mostly been reliable).

I totally understand though why someone who’s spent their own money, would be eager for the latest firmware etc.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Pksk

Post by Pksk »

I have just had it done.

Dropped it off on Monday morning and it was finished by Tuesday 10am. The dealers local to me were clueless/useless on getting it booked in so went further afield to Trust Skoda in Redditch. They have a dual site with VW and Skoda and were very on the ball with what was needed. Had a courtesy car for the whole time.

They replaced the 12v and did the upgrade no issues. The cover for the new 12v is on back order. The dealer should fit it next time you come in but the dealers experience on this with the IDs having the same 12v they ended up being told the cover wasn’t needed.

My advice is find a dealer you are confident in, some are choosing to go nowhere near the update and there are some horror stories of cars being out for 5 days because the update went sideways.

Once done you have to re register the app with the car and order (they are free) the care connect packs to get the car doors, locking status etc. You can do this in the car infotainment
IV 60 Suite, Race Blue, 21”, Climate Basic, Convenience Basic, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus. ME 3.0 updated, 125kwh charge upgrade. Hypervolt 2.0, Solar plus Battery.
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Got my call from my dealer yesterday, car booked in for next week - 21st Sept. They've done a few already, nearly all done in same day except one which was finished the following morning. :)

They've booked my car in for 2 days just in case ! Its only a small Skoda dealership in the south Midlands area, but they seem to be clued up on everything to do with EV's. I've had excellent service from them all the way.
RIDICKSON wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:20 pm “The logistics of this campaign for the software updates is proving rather difficult. We will need your Enyaq for approx. 2 days. There are 2 parts we need to replace - one of which needs to be ordered for the following day after a check is done and the other is for a battery replacement. After the parts are fitted - there are 6 software updates that need conducting also - which may well total to 8 hours.”
Seems a bit more than a software update.
Interested to hear the experience of others.
Sounds like another dealer who hasn't got a clue. There are actually approx 34 software modules that need updating, depending on model version and options fitted ! Possibly a complete hardware module change too if its an earlier model Enayq. They always change the 12v battery and fit a new insulating cover. See my other post regarding method viewtopic.php?t=1340

As Pksk has said above, the small battery heat insulator/cover is on back order and will be fitted on the next visit when they become available.
Enyaq iV60, Loft, Race blue, 20" Vega's, ME3.0 updated.
EVDan

Post by EVDan »

How do you know when the OTA ME3.1 update (to install plug and charge capability) is ready/will download? Apparently it will install after the ME3 software has been installed by the dealer. Any ideas??
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

You'll get a notification on your Infotainment screen saying the download is available for you.

Cars from July 22 are being rolled out from the factory already installed with ME3.1.

From what I've heard from rumours and across other forums, native born ME3.0 will get their OTA ME3.1 update around September to October.
Dealer installed ME3.0 will get theirs November to December.

But all this is only estimate, because Cariad, the software company who design all of this for VAG are a bit poor in communicating everything.

Also later this year, any cars pre ME3.0 will be automatically installed with ME3.1 during the dealer update.

ME2.6 is identified as software code 0795 on your screen info.
ME3.0 is identified as software code 0333
ME3.1 is identified as software code 0561.

ME3.2 will be available early 2023, in fact some countries already have it loaded from the factory !
Enyaq

Post by Enyaq »

EVDan wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:13 pm How do you know when the OTA ME3.1 update (to install plug and charge capability) is ready/will download? Apparently it will install after the ME3 software has been installed by the dealer. Any ideas??
I think I have seen on my info screen 0333 so software version ME3.0....?

What is "plug & charge capability" of ME3.1.....?
iV60 Arctic Silver, 20" Vega's, Pod Point 7kw home charger. F & R Dash cams with fuse mod. and a few farkles...... :D
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Enyaq wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:24 pm What is "plug & charge capability" of ME3.1.....?
I think it's the ability to just plug your car into a compatible charger and start charging without the need to get your phone out, power pass card or payment card. I think it has to be linked to a power pass card via the app. My power pass card came today but I ordered it about 3 weeks ago so haven't tried any of this out yet. My wife has the car today, so although I've added the card to the app, I haven't checked the car integration yet.

In short, it should give the same plug and charge experience as a Tesla, but just probably not as good :-)
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
tiger tony

Post by tiger tony »

Plug and Charge ? ChangoMutney is correct.

For ME3.1 and Powerpass users read this :-

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/pre ... -launched/

And watch this :-

IanJ

Post by IanJ »

What the article doesn’t say is that Plug and Charge is only available if you subscribe to one of the Powerpass subscription levels where you pay a monthly fee.
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post