Software Update 2022

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

That range sounds pretty bad. Are you sure there isn't some kind of battery fault? Do you live in a very hilly area? Heavy right foot? 21" wheels? Drive at 70-80 a lot of the time? I would expect poor range if you're doing all of the above but otherwise 120 from an iv60 sounds very low.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi

Ric

Post by Ric »

I ought to know but ….. how do I discover which software version I have?
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

Smithiesmith wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:42 am Got my software update but the Skoda garage had it in for 4 days. Promises of better mileage and faster charge times are nonsense and if anything they are worse. Had this car since December 2021 and whilst it is a lovely car I wish I had never got it due to the poor mileage return. At the peak of Summer it charged to 240 miles but in reality that 240 miles only provided 200 miles. Back to cold weather and will soon be back at a 100% charge of 169 miles and a real time distance of about 120 miles.
Skoda dealership told me they’ve stopped making the 60 now because of the mileage issues.
If that's true about discontinuing the 60, and the reason, then that is very disappointing. Mine performed ok last winter... Still 150miles+
Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

If you suspect a defective battery unit, you could drive it to near empty and charge to full as recording how much energy is charged. In case you get a clear misalignment in numbers you should take the car to the shop and tell them to red the test. There are faulty batteries out there. I just saw a case in the facebook, battery was replaced under warranty and it was not one of the recalled ones.

However, as said before numerous times, reporting only mileages that car thinks it's able to travel is usually very noninformative. Previous and current driving conditions, habits, etc affect the numbers.
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

Smithiesmith wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:42 am Got my software update but the Skoda garage had it in for 4 days. Promises of better mileage and faster charge times are nonsense and if anything they are worse. Had this car since December 2021 and whilst it is a lovely car I wish I had never got it due to the poor mileage return. At the peak of Summer it charged to 240 miles but in reality that 240 miles only provided 200 miles. Back to cold weather and will soon be back at a 100% charge of 169 miles and a real time distance of about 120 miles.
Skoda dealership told me they’ve stopped making the 60 now because of the mileage issues.
Sorry to hear you're unhappy with it.

I can still get around 200miles if I drive carefully, which was what I expected, taking manufacturer's mileage figures with a pinch of salt.
The only long trip I've done in it so far has been to Netherlands and France, and rapid charging provision there was quite good.

Haven't had it over a winter yet, so will see what happens. But I went for the heatpump, so hopefully won't get too much less.

They're selling the 60 again on the website. They used to do a 50 in France as well, but seems to have vanished.
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
gap998

Post by gap998 »

120 miles sounds like something is wrong. I'm easily getting 200 miles with the cruise control at legal road speeds, if I drive it manually (gentler acceleration) or drop the road speeds 5-10mph, I'm getting 215-220 miles. Even thrashing it on the way to work in Sport mode, I still manged 140 miles over a 40 mile trip. OK it's not winter yet, but my experience with my other EVs you shouldn't see that kind of % drop.
Enyaq iV60 Loft 100kW Charging, Arc. Silver, Regulus 19", Heat Pump, Ass'd Drive Pack, Parking+, Drive Sport, Conv.+, Transport Pack

Order 2-11-21 - Built 22-08-22 - Collected 28-09-22 - Drive Fault 4-10-22 - Back to Dealer 18-10-22 - Fixed 17-11-22
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

Also watch out for the app bug which gets the estimated range very wrong after charge completion, like 60% of what the car says (if the car is set to distance units of miles).
It corrects itself when you get in the car and start it up, though.
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
Iang

Post by Iang »

Eventually found a dealer who said they had the correct training for the update. Took 2 days as expected. Not the dealers fault but the update is a fiasco.
Does not work with the Skoda app. Says I don't have Skoda Connect and cannot buy as my software is out of date !!!!.

Be very careful making sure you ask all the right questions before updating.

Further Posting Below
Last edited by Iang on Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iang

Post by Iang »

Had mine done at a main dealer as my local one did not have the training.

The only really important thing is that the dealer informed me that there was a recall on the car 93Q3.

Disgustingly, VW Group did not inform me back in August. They failed to put it on their website because it is not safety related. It is 93Q3 which involves possible failure of battery modules which would cause the car to fail completely. Great!!!!! I ended up having 1 module replaced.

The other issues with the software is that now whenever you get into the car you have to agree to Online mode. This cannot be done once only.

You can't move apps to the favourites bar and get them to stay there. I use Apple Car Play so have to activate it from the apps menu every time I get into the car.

The Auto Hold app has gone. The car defaults to Auto Hold and the only way to remove it is to go into Car Settings/Brakes/Auto Hold. If you want to re-enable it there is no quick way other than back in Car Settings etc.

Another Skoda shambles with rubbish software and ill informed dealerships.
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Iang wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:46 am Had mine done at a main dealer as my local one did not have the training.

The only really important thing is that the dealer informed me that there was a recall on the car 93Q3.

Disgustingly, VW Group did not inform me back in August. They failed to put it on their website because it is not safety related. It is 93Q3 which involves possible failure of battery modules which would cause the car to fail completely. Great!!!!! I ended up having 1 module replaced.

The other issues with the software is that now whenever you get into the car you have to agree to Online mode. This cannot be done once only.

You can't move apps to the favourites bar and get them to stay there. I use Apple Car Play so have to activate it from the apps menu every time I get into the car.

The Auto Hold app has gone. The car defaults to Auto Hold and the only way to remove it is to go into Car Settings/Brakes/Auto Hold. If you want to re-enable it there is no quick way other than back in Car Settings etc.

Another Skoda shambles with rubbish software and ill informed dealerships.
Mine came with 3.1 but my experience is different.

The other issues with the software is that now whenever you get into the car you have to agree to Online mode. This cannot be done once only. Unfortunately yes, but I've not known before, so don't miss it.

You can't move apps to the favorites bar and get them to stay there. I use Apple Car Play so have to activate it from the apps menu every time I get into the car. No issue with this at all. Apps and shortcuts stay where I put them and always have done. I've refined my setup a little as I've gone along realizing I didn't need some shortcuts, but wanted others instead and never had an issue. Possibly a difference between android and apple, but I have it set to auto-start, so whenever I get in the car, it just auto connects. Also if I set a route in Google maps before I get in the car, it auto-starts following that route once I pull away having auto-connected to android auto.

The Auto Hold app has gone. The car defaults to Auto Hold and the only way to remove it is to go into Car Settings/Brakes/Auto Hold. If you want to re-enable it there is no quick way other than back in Car Settings etc. Again as before Auto-hold was something I have been able to add and move around while fine-tuning. Always stayed where I left it and remembers in what state (on or off) from the previous journey.

I can't help feeling Skoda has overcomplicated the software/hardware integration by offering so many individual options (packs). Some people are having no issues while others are having a bit of a nightmare. Although mine came delivered with 3.1 and I'm really happy with it, I'm a little concerned that 3.2 might mess things up although at this rate, that might not happen for a few years.

My only gripe is that although I have a memory driver's seat (manual passengers), I don't get the easy entry option which automatically moves the driers seat back when exiting and before entering the car. My wife is shorter than me so when I get in the car I have to squash in before I can adjust the seat. At the moment you have to have the massage seat option (and electric passengers seat) to get the extra function which doesn't make sense at all. I've raised it with Skoda and they have called me a couple of times, but I'm not expecting anything to happen.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post