Battery Fault in ID3s and ID4s

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
ProperCharlie

Post by ProperCharlie »

I Installed 04A3_05 minor system update and the car immediately came up with the error; I believe the error was already there and the update just made it possible to show it... Now have an appointment booked with Yeomans Skoda Exeter 12/10/2023. As a side note, my range seems to have almost halved since the vehicle was new, almost 2 years ago...

20230920_222613.jpg

20230920_222751.jpg

20230921_083104.jpg

ENYAQ 80 iV Sportline Ordered 28/05/2021 Received 22/12/2021

frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

Paul DS wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:46 pm Thanks Deasea, I need to learn to be more patient and lower my expectations ;-)
I wonder why Skoda UK does not utilise the Audi/WV dealer BCC network to speed up their campaign.
Hi Paul,

Im Now facing this issue, CS department were useless. Been told mid Jan for a replacement.
My issue is this warning light is causing my car alarm to go off whenever I charge the car and sometimes when it sits idle for days.

Scunnered with Skoda.

Cheers
Deasea

Post by Deasea »

Finally mine has just been booked in - but not until November. Can't believe the time it's taken.
Alexs415

Post by Alexs415 »

Hi there,

I've just had the dreaded "Electric Drive not working correctly, please visit the workshop".

It's been reviewed by the "workshop" and my car does fall within the vin range of battery module recalls.

They have given no lead time whatsoever on how long this replacement will take and claimed that the batteries are manufactured in Ukraine and therefore due to the situation is an unknown time frame. Is this true?

Does anyone else have experience of how long it may take to get a replacement battery module?

Also they've said they need to keep my car as it is not safe to return to me. Is this everyone else's experience?

Thanks for your help.
Deleted User 2162

Post by Deleted User 2162 »

Check the other thread called electric drive warning error for my experience with this.

For mine I’m told 14 part numbers need to be ordered in as part of the replacement. Some of this is parts that must be replaced when battery is opened and some is tooling. Cells are longest lead time.

I don’t think they come from Ukraine, some things like wiring harness did but this isn’t the case now. If they could get cells as they came from Ukraine then how are they building new cars… Cell modules are just being used for new cars and are on back order probably due to how often this is showing now!
Alexs415

Post by Alexs415 »

Thanks Andy.

That's very helpful. Ive messaged Skoda direct(rather than dealer) to see if I get a different answer. I'll update here if I hear anything.

I'll also check out that other post.

Cheers.
Deasea

Post by Deasea »

Update from my posts 23rd December last year and 22 July & 29th September this year, having first contacted my dealership (not L3 BCC) on the 18th November last year about this recall.

My Enyaq had been booked in with the Level 3 Battery Competence Centre since September for this work to carried out next week. They have contacted me today with apologies to say they do not have the parts because they are on 'back order' with no date given for delivery.

Not their fault if they can't get the parts, but......?

If anyone knows any dealership currently able to carry out this work can they please post the details.

Thank you
frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

Nightmare, like you, software update, warning light, big drop in battery range even though my long term average hovers between 3.6 and 3.8.

My issue is my car alarm goes off atleast five times a night when charging. I sleep with my car key, has been like this since first week in August.

I have been booked in for 27th November when I got the exact same phone call like you saying it will be into the new year. Said absolutely no way, I had taking my complaint to head office and had loads of apologies and they were suggesting bumping other people's repairs for me to take their place.
I said this is not on, I'll wait my turn. When I told him this and he went and investigated he said I can keep my slot.

The minute this is fixed the car is being flogged. Going for a BMW hybrid. Enough is enough with skoda software and pants batteries.
Deasea wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:18 pm Update from my posts 23rd December last year and 22 July & 29th September this year, having first contacted my dealership (not L3 BCC) on the 18th November last year about this recall.

My Enyaq had been booked in with the Level 3 Battery Competence Centre since September for this work to carried out next week. They have contacted me today with apologies to say they do not have the parts because they are on 'back order' with no date given for delivery.

Not their fault if they can't get the parts, but......?

If anyone knows any dealership currently able to carry out this work can they please post the details.

Thank you
Deasea

Post by Deasea »

So, car finally went in today. It appears that the process has now been split in two. Today I am told was to test the cells and forward the results to Skoda Technical who will advise which cells need replacement. They will then be ordered. Booked back in for April for work to be carried out. Could take 3 to 5 days to do.
spinna1969

Post by spinna1969 »

Deasea wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:13 pm So, car finally went in today. It appears that the process has now been split in two. Today I am told was to test the cells and forward the results to Skoda Technical who will advise which cells need replacement. They will then be ordered. Booked back in for April for work to be carried out. Could take 3 to 5 days to do.
Just out of interest does anyone have a list of the BCC's?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post