Battery Fault in ID3s and ID4s

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ Hopefully they’d take responsibility for transportation and home delivery of a courtesy car!

… or am I being a bit naive!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

buzz11

Post by buzz11 »

Has anyone tried the skoda recall website;

https://recall.skoda-auto.com/004/en-com

https://www.skoda-auto.com/services/recall-actions

I just tried mine and it said "Sorry, this service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Yeah it always says that I've tried for a while and always get that error.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
awl-cologne.0z

Post by awl-cologne.0z »

Has anyone managed to repair an Enyaq with this issue? Mine was flagged during routine service and said there is a "service campaign" on the car and needs battery module replaced.
I've struggled to find a workshop that can fix this for me since. Skoda UK customer service told me that I need to get this addressed as the battery might explode. Unbelievable!
Paul DS

Post by Paul DS »

I am sad to report that following a visit to my local Skoda dealer to resolve an 'Electrical Dive Problem' amber warning on my dashboard, I have been informed that the main battery modules will need to be replaced at a Skoda battery competence center (bcc). Unfortunately, my local dealer is unable to perform this task and has recommended I contact Skoda Customer Services to have the matter dealt with. After 2 telephone calls and several emails later I am still no further forward with Skoda.

Interestingly when I put my VIN number in the Skoda portal there was no recall notice found, however, the local dealer is convinced that my care should have been included in the campaign.

I will keep you notified.
Enyaq iV 80 EcoSuite, 125 kW DC Charging, Comfort Seat Basic, Climate Basic, Convenience Plus, Assisted Driver Basic, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Silver alloys, Black (ordered 24 June '21 - Delivered 11 Nov '21).
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Good luck with Skoda CS and getting anywhere took me 4 months to resolve my AX4 unit compensation.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
Deasea

Post by Deasea »

See my previous post from last December. I have been unable to get mine checked as yet. I am currently, I am told, number 10 on the waiting list at my nearest Level 3 BCC who, as of a few weeks ago when I last rang them, were still awaiting tooling and therefore unable to do the job.
Paul DS

Post by Paul DS »

Skoda Customer Support has finally acknowledged that my EV needs the main battery modules replaced, as part of the 9323 campaign that was started on 9 Aug 2022. They have blamed DVLA for not notifying me, but could not explain why their local dealer had not checked this during the last 2 visits to their service centers.
I am surprised that Skoda CS did not actually know where the battery competence center (BCC) are in the UK, and promised to get back to me the same day... I am still waiting.
I assume there is no inherent danger in the defective battery modules, however, I am concerned that my vehicle is not working as efficiently as it should, as I am having to recharge more regularly than this time last summer.
Up to now, I have been a big supporter of the Skoda Enyaq EV, and have recommended the model on numerous occasions. However, I now see my enthusiasm may have been misplaced.
Enyaq iV 80 EcoSuite, 125 kW DC Charging, Comfort Seat Basic, Climate Basic, Convenience Plus, Assisted Driver Basic, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Silver alloys, Black (ordered 24 June '21 - Delivered 11 Nov '21).
Deasea

Post by Deasea »

See the list I put in out last December on page 2. Some were waiting for tooling at that time. Winchester Skoda are now Level 3 BCC but they were, as of a few weeks ago, still awaiting tooling.
I was never told by DVLA that my car was part of this recall. It was only as a result of reading this thread that I started making enquiries with my dealership who confirmed in December that it was. And I've been trying to get it looked at ever since.
Paul DS

Post by Paul DS »

Thanks Deasea, I need to learn to be more patient and lower my expectations ;-)
I wonder why Skoda UK does not utilise the Audi/WV dealer BCC network to speed up their campaign.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post