3.1 update as anyone had it yet

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

I know some of you run on 3.1 already, anyone got it after a dealer 3.0 update? Or are the 3.1s from factory only?

zice

Post by zice »

No. Yes.
Alzinho

Post by Alzinho »

3.1 now?

I haven't had 1.1 yet!
Should the dealer have been in touch about updates or are we supposed to have a psychic connection that tells us to get in touch with them?
RichR

Post by RichR »

My understanding is that not all dealerships have had the training on the procedure so are holding off until they know they can do it reliably, and are also waiting for the battery and battery covers to be in stock before they start contacting people to bring their cars in for the upgrade. Remember that dealerships are not part of Skoda, and providing a poor service by taking a few days to do the work or not being able to complete it properly (ie can't do the 12V battery swap part fully) they tarnish their own reputation.

In my opinion, unless there's something you desperately need in ME3.0 then there's no massive reason to force your local dealer to do something they might not be ready to do.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

I got email from Skoda long ago telling about the 3.0 update and that stated the dealer will be in contact to schedule it. Suppose we all got the same email (at least in Europe).
As they were not getting in touch i dropped by, and in my case at least (Finland) the dealer said they did not get instructions to contact customers, but if someone books time they will do the update. So i booked it and it went smoothly in one day (left the car at 0800 and could have picked up at 1530).
3.1 i saw some of you had already and somehow recall some got it as ota, but maybe wishful thinking. Had the impression that soon after the update the 3.1 will be downloaded by the car.
SINTRA1964

Post by SINTRA1964 »

Mine is Booked in at Liverpool Skoda on Tuesday 8th for the new update which will take 2 days to complete they have informed me!
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Mine was updated on 19 October and took 2.5 days and so far no notification of 3.1 OTA update, unlike my Tesla Model 3 which have only owned for one month and already has 2 OTA updates without any issues. Even my electric bike, MTB has OTA updates for the Bosch electric motor. The updates on the Tesla and MTB, to me have provided obviously better improvements compared to the ME3 update. New Enyaqs have been delivered with ME3.1 for several months so I fail to understand why after 2.5 days with the Dealer my car still does not have the latest software, surely it would have been possible to update to 3.1 whilst with the Dealer? No doubt someone better qualified will explain the limitations of the Skoda update programme?
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Well, we all know VAG is not a SW house, but hopefully their experience building hw is something we can benefit from.
3.0 is quite a disappointment, introducing the profiles that are useless is something i dont understand at all, the rest on the UI is fairly same. But hopefully now that the updates are working they can focus on fixing the rest of the SW.
We'll see...
Makima

Post by Makima »

Hello everyone
on Sunday, I was shown a possible update when I checked out of the vehicle, I pressed ok (to do it) and... After two hours, the same thing happened again and I selected it again. I don't think anything happened, I was expecting 3.1 but I think everything is the same, it seems like a ¨phantom update¨, I'm sad

Does anyone have a similar experience
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

What country are you located Makima? At least I had nothing like that in Finland.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post