Saying Hi

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
eddieed

Post by eddieed »

Just popped in to say hi - joined to try and get some help with my issues with Intelligent Octopus and my Ohme charger which I have had.

I have a Enyaq IV 60 in Electric Blue with Eco Suite - A couple of extra packs so we have an electric drivers seat (only car that has a constant change of driver) and keyless entry - I took deliver in September 2021 and have just about completed 10,000 trouble free miles in the year. I got the car back from it's ME3.0 upgrade yesterday so hopefully this will continue.

ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Presumably you don't have the 'Easy Entry' option with your driver's seat because, like me, you only have an electric driver's seat and not an electric passenger seat as well so the option isn't available?
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
eddieed

Post by eddieed »

ChangoMutney wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:20 pm Presumably you don't have the 'Easy Entry' option with your driver's seat because, like me, you only have an electric driver's seat and not an electric passenger seat as well so the option isn't available?
Yep - just the electric drivers seat on this one.
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

What was the easy entry option? Was that moving the seat back for exit/entry? Why an earth it requires a motorized passenger seat? Was wondering as i only have the drivers seat electrified and me3 does not move the seat back. But on this video i understand it does not work at all (or if it is the move is just too small to be useful).
eddieed

Post by eddieed »

The easy entry/exit on my old Jag XF was that it lifted the steering wheel up and out of the way - this obviously required an electrically adjustable steering wheel - I had assumed this came with the dual electric seats but not the single electric seat!
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

eddieed wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:15 pm The easy entry/exit on my old Jag XF was that it lifted the steering wheel up and out of the way - this obviously required an electrically adjustable steering wheel - I had assumed this came with the dual electric seats but not the single electric seat!
I reported it to Skoda. They have now called me back 5 times about it. I explained easy entry is only required on a driver's seat because the steering wheel is in the way. They have raised it with the dealer! I said it's not within the dealers ability to sort it out, it's down to the software. They said would I like to take it into the dealer for them to have a look at, I said no thanks. It's a bit like a comedy sketch without the humor element. If enough people complain maybe they'll sort it out in the next version, but probably not. It's a minor gripe.
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

As in the video above. I would like to get the profile selection done from a seat position I can get in the car. Would just say that I too do not fit to the seat if it is adjusted to my wife's position, so bit annoying to push the memory button and wait for the seat to go back.
It should do it based on the key, or then just move it to position the tallest driver registered has set it.
Also the profiles should all be shown on the first screen, not hiding others than the last one behind a menu item. And once selected no ok button anymore...
EcoAdventure

Post by EcoAdventure »

"Easy entry" with only an electrified driver seat is possible, via an OBDII tool.

I used the OBDEleven App & Plug and one of the built in adaptations to enable feature on our Enyaq - fitted with only driver seat electrified.

Find it really quite useful and can only think it's disabled on basic spec cars as a marketing device, to enhance/protect the premium pricing of dual electrified seats pack.?

Screenshot_20221123-193229.png

Enyaq 60 Lodge in Race Blue with a few packs.
Ordered 28th June 2021, delivered 9th July 2022.
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

EcoAdventure wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:35 pm "Easy entry" with only an electrified driver seat is possible, via an OBDII tool.

I used the OBDEleven App & Plug and one of the built in adaptations to enable feature on our Enyaq - fitted with only driver seat electrified.

Find it really quite useful and can only think it's disabled on basic spec cars as a marketing device, to enhance/protect the premium pricing of dual electrified seats pack.?
Interesting!!! Does it turn on the page in the car settings that makes it selectable (the 4th option is easy entry) or does it still give the page with 3 options for car/internal etc? There seem to be a few options when buying an OBDEleven Dongle. What exactly did you purchase? I would what to buy a more expensive version than it necessary. Also can you use the same device to monitor battery temperature, 12v battery voltage etc?

Are there any risks in turning this on with the dongle?
EcoAdventure

Post by EcoAdventure »

Yes, infotainment screen menu now shows option to toggle easy entry for both driver and passenger.

Toggling on for Passenger seat had no effect, since seat motors not fitted, does not generate an error message.

Toggling on for Driver activates the feature, seat motors backwards on door open and returns on sitting down etc

I have a basic Bluetooth dongle purchased direct from OBDEleven many years ago (for a petrol SEAT Leon)

The app has all-sorts of gauges/graphs including 12v battery voltage, must admit - not something I've explored or used.

Always a risk using 3rd party tools outside of a dealership etc. I've only ever used the Apps pre-written/tested options adjustments for comfort & convenience features. Choosing to stay away from any direct coding adaptations or anything to do with powertrain, steering/brakes, etc.
Enyaq 60 Lodge in Race Blue with a few packs.
Ordered 28th June 2021, delivered 9th July 2022.