IV60 charging issues

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

It’s no different to ice cars. What fuelled car actually gets anywhere near the claimed fuel consumption figures? The tests are done under a stringent set of conditions so that all cars can be compared fairly. If you ever take the trouble to check real fuel consumption by brimming the tank and working it out it is way less anyway than indicated on the dash, often about 4mpg less than you think you are getting. My previous 190tdi Karoq effectively had to be refuelled every 350 miles!
If you look at tests where a number of EV cars are driven in a similar manner until they run out of power, none of them will in the real world get anywhere near the claimed consumption.
My vRS is supposed to get up to around 320m range. Nearest I have seen in summer on a long trip of 160 miles driven sensibly at a max speed of 65mph was 4m per kWh. Looking at % and predicted range left it would theoretically have reached 295m or so. I could have driven with aircon off and even slower and I may have beaten the claimed range.
Currently running around locally in colder weather it is more like 2.7m per kWh and a total range just over 200m.

Range only matters if you can’t do the days required trips and get home again to charge, or don’t pass a suitable charger after a couple of hours driving when you really ought to be stopping for a break anyway. Even in my ice last car I would be stopping for a break after 100 miles or so, just didn’t ever go to the fuel pumps at a motorway service station due to cost, stopped at a supermarket where convenient.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display

Devizes2008

Post by Devizes2008 »

everyone who had this problem during the winter, does your IV60 still suffer from this? I had mine from June 2023 and never have seen it charging any higher than 50kW, but maybe SoC wasn't as low as 15%? I have just tried charging it again today at an Ionity and could not get anything above 38kW. Again started at 51%. It's ridiculous that these vehicles have such a rubbish charging profile. Next to mine was a Porsche charging at over 250kW!!! According to the Ev-Database and the charging profile I should have seen 50kW when the car was about 60% charged, that was well beyond the first 10 minutes should have conditioned the batteries by then. Next time I will take an OBD dongle to check the temp.
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

You need to start charging at 20% or lower to get decent speed. Is your car an earlier one which was limited to 50 max?
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

Iv80 here, definitely can do more than 50kw. Only used DC fast or ultra charging a handful of times as I don’t like the cost.

But the first time used it, it was a new gridserve hub somewhere near Northampton. Car was around 50% and definitely charged around 90kw. I didn’t keep an eye on the charge as was due in for lunch and watch kids running around in service station was full time job.

Then I topped again near north wales at an instavolt site. Battery was 80% and topped up to 100% I believe I was initially getting 50kw.

Had another session in the Thurrock hub. Only stayed for less than 15min SoC was low around 5% and got to 30% in over that time.
Ouvavou

Post by Ouvavou »

Devizes2008 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:54 pm everyone who had this problem during the winter, does your IV60 still suffer from this? I had mine from June 2023 and never have seen it charging any higher than 50kW, but maybe SoC wasn't as low as 15%? I have just tried charging it again today at an Ionity and could not get anything above 38kW. Again started at 51%. It's ridiculous that these vehicles have such a rubbish charging profile. Next to mine was a Porsche charging at over 250kW!!! According to the Ev-Database and the charging profile I should have seen 50kW when the car was about 60% charged, that was well beyond the first 10 minutes should have conditioned the batteries by then. Next time I will take an OBD dongle to check the temp.
Looking at the iv60 charging curve you should be getting about 75kw at 50% and that is roughly what I get based on my occasion rapid charging. That depends upon the battery being the correct temp and that charger itself being capable. A test done just now, in the uk, would have probably been with a cold battery - even if you driven for quite a while!
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus alloys,
Packs: assisted drive+, climate+, Drive, Light & view, parking, convenience+, Transport, Family, Rear side airbags, towbar, 100KW. Zappi & Solar.
Ordered 20/10/21 - Delivered 19/07/22
Pict

Post by Pict »

Charging curve at MFG Crow Orchard yesterday.

Had driven from Ionity Stafford (quick splash and dash) with ACC at 63mph and climate control on Auto (19° driver, 22° passenger)

Screenshot_20240121_101352_TRONITY.jpg

60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post