Setting to preferred times, then it goes rogue

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

Anyone else experience the issue where you set "preferred times", get the flashing green light on port, and assume all is good. Then wake in the morning to find the car is still charging and has decided to toggle itself back to "instantly"!

It really frustrates me, this car is becoming more crap as it goes on
Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Are you on ME2.x or ME3.x? The former is known to be unreliable for setting charge times within the car, but I understood ME3.x software is meant to have fixed this?
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Have had this problem once & assumed that the car ‘forgot’ where it was & so started charging immediately.
Our sat nav has lost its position several times whilst driving & shown us to be off road, or on the wrong road.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

Goaty wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:56 am Are you on ME2.x or ME3.x? The former is known to be unreliable for setting charge times within the car, but I understood ME3.x software is meant to have fixed this?
On ME3, and I would say has only become an issue since the upgrade...
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

james_scott22 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:27 am Anyone else experience the issue where you set "preferred times", get the flashing green light on port, and assume all is good. Then wake in the morning to find the car is still charging and has decided to toggle itself back to "instantly"!

It really frustrates me, this car is becoming more crap as it goes on
I have a home schedule of "preferred times" set up but on a few occasions, after plugging in the car, it's started to charge immediately. I now double check the charging screen on the infotainment display before locking the car to ensure that it's displaying "charge at preferred time" rather than "immediately".

Mobile connectivity at my home location is either weak or non-existent at my home locations so it's possible that this is the problem.
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ Yes indeed - different situation but I noticed recently that the Enyaq started charging immediately after I’d disconnected the house Wi-Fi completely. Not the Enyaq’s fault though- my PodPoint charger decided to start charging immediately once the internet had been tuned off, instead of waiting until the PodPoint schedule at 00:30.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

Really pissing me off now. Undermines the point of having a cheap 4hrs of electricity if the car continues to charge beyond it!! So unpredictable the nights it decides to do it
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

What home charger are you using? Maybe you can set charging schedules within that, instead of hoping (praying !) that the car will do it reliably? (I know the Enyaq should be able to handle this task flawlessly, but your experience appears to show otherwise). My PodPoint will only switch on during the cheap rate hours (unless I disconnect the whole home Wi-Fi as a punishment for our misbehaving kids…. But I don’t do that anymore if I know the car’s plugged in because it then starts charging in expensive peak rate hours!!)
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

james_scott22 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:35 am Really pissing me off now. Undermines the point of having a cheap 4hrs of electricity if the car continues to charge beyond it!! So unpredictable the nights it decides to do it
Maybe I'm lucky, but using the car, which has ME3.1 software, to control charging I've never experienced an overrun beyond my set finish time. I have disabled all the smart settings on the charger, but I assume that you have done the same.

Have you considered registering with Tronity (www.tronity.io). They have a free trial period and you will be able to review your charging statistics from the point of registration. I can see for every charge, from the point of plugging in to unplugging, a minute by minute status which includes Status - Complete/Disconnected/Charging, Battery - % charge, Range, Charging Power. Trinity also provides a charging curve.

The data may give you some indication of what and when something has gone wrong and perhaps more importantly, there's some solid data to give your dealer to help convince them that there is a problem!
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

Thanks Ian. Have registered and eventually managed to login to Skoda connect. Let's see.

IanJ wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:24 am
james_scott22 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:35 am Really pissing me off now. Undermines the point of having a cheap 4hrs of electricity if the car continues to charge beyond it!! So unpredictable the nights it decides to do it
Maybe I'm lucky, but using the car, which has ME3.1 software, to control charging I've never experienced an overrun beyond my set finish time. I have disabled all the smart settings on the charger, but I assume that you have done the same.

Have you considered registering with Tronity (www.tronity.io). They have a free trial period and you will be able to review your charging statistics from the point of registration. I can see for every charge, from the point of plugging in to unplugging, a minute by minute status which includes Status - Complete/Disconnected/Charging, Battery - % charge, Range, Charging Power. Trinity also provides a charging curve.

The data may give you some indication of what and when something has gone wrong and perhaps more importantly, there's some solid data to give your dealer to help convince them that there is a problem!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post