Satnav thinks I'm taking motorway slip roads

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
YorkshirePud

Post by YorkshirePud »

Hmm, my enyaq has this problem, so it seems that Skoda have not fixed it. It either tells me to move 2 lanes to the right, just as we have passed the junction, or it thinks we are on the slip road. The most dangerous bit was when it slowed to 25mph on the motorway. Looking af the map, it showed us on a country land about 30 miles away. After a stop to calm the nerves we set off. Being told to take a right off the M74 ? Then speed limit changing to 30-40 etc on the motorway. We were on the M74 near Gretna but the map and directions said we were on the A7. So the cars sensors do not read the road. The details on GPS relay them. Then yesterday, we were told we were parked outside some shops that were 2 miles away

orrery

Post by orrery »

I agree with at least some of the previous comments made:
It should only assume that I'm taking the slip road if I've signalled left, otherwise staying on the main carriageway should be assumed (just as lane warnings don't appear if you are signalling a lane change)
I also feel that speeding up on a speed restriction sign is an error. If I'm driving down a country lane I may set the ACC at 50mph, as 60 just isn't safe. When I get to a village, I do want to slow down to 30, but I definitely don't want to speed up to 60 as I leave the village. The options should have an additional setting to only respond to lower speed signs.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
peters_enyaq

Post by peters_enyaq »

I have this problem too, though it is worse if you have cruise engaged as it wants to slow you down for the bend ahead to 28mph. Though not on all junctions, I think it could be poor signal for gps?
Oh, I had same issue on previous VW group vehicles so guess it is not isolated to Skoda
Present: iv60 Suite Race Blue
On order: Coupe 85X Sportline Plus Race Blue

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post