3.0 update - Bricked my car

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Westy

Post by Westy »

So the car went in today for the 12v battery and 3.0 update.

My enyaq is now at 17k miles and aside from the puddle lights going on the blink it’s been really good.

Now sadly it’s bricked and sat at Heritage in Bristol waiting on a new computer. Apparently half way through update it all went on the Fritz

To be fair they are very apologetic, given me a Cupra Formentor to drive till it’s fixed - sadly a petrol one not the phev.

Anyone had the same, how long was fix to happen?

It’s annoying as I really have got on well with the enyaq
Enyaq 80 Loft
Quartz Grey
Climate Pack, Assisted Drive, 125Kw

Replacing a Passat GTE Estate

fivetide

Post by fivetide »

Everytime I park mine at my house (in WiFi range) it says my software will be updated, and gives me a mesage about performance being affected in my first journey following the update until I hit 25mph etc.... Anyway, the update never happens. Rinse and repeat. I have 3.0, already, and a continual promise it is upgrading to something new, but nothing has ever actually happened.
Westy

Post by Westy »

Nah, this was the update for those of us with MEB cars prior to 3.0. Had to be done in garage
Enyaq 80 Loft
Quartz Grey

fivetide

Post by fivetide »

I know, sorry, i was just sort of showing some empathy :) Hope you get it back soon.
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

fivetide wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:05 pm Everytime I park mine at my house (in WiFi range) it says my software will be updated, and gives me a mesage about performance being affected in my first journey following the update until I hit 25mph etc.... Anyway, the update never happens. Rinse and repeat. I have 3.0, already, and a continual promise it is upgrading to something new, but nothing has ever actually happened.
See this thread viewtopic.php?t=1640
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Westy wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:29 pm So the car went in today for the 12v battery and 3.0 update.

My enyaq is now at 17k miles and aside from the puddle lights going on the blink it’s been really good.

Now sadly it’s bricked and sat at Heritage in Bristol waiting on a new computer. Apparently half way through update it all went on the Fritz

To be fair they are very apologetic, given me a Cupra Formentor to drive till it’s fixed - sadly a petrol one not the phev.

Anyone had the same, how long was fix to happen?

It’s annoying as I really have got on well with the enyaq
Quite a few failed on first attempt including mine . I just had to wait another day for it to run again
Westy

Post by Westy »

Appreciate all empathy folks. I was expecting a few issues, but not to brick the car!

Anyway, it’s sat there at Skoda waiting parts. Hopefully it won’t be too long 🙄. Real shame as first 17k miles have gone really well.

The Cupra loan car makes a lot of noise, seats are poor and the virtual dashboard is way to complicated (a G meter? It’s a 150bhp car fgs).

The puddle lights are cooler than Skodas though 😃
Enyaq 80 Loft
Quartz Grey

Westy

Post by Westy »

Still no car :(

Looks like it’s caught in the same chip shortage as new orders are.
Enyaq 80 Loft
Quartz Grey

orrery

Post by orrery »

Mine took 5 tries and intervention by Skoda Tech Support, dropped off on the Wednesday, collected Monday.

I have to say I'm quite pleased with the 3.0 update. Many things are improved, but I still get bugs - like the Electric Drive Failure, which requires getting out, locking the car, unlocking and getting in again. Or the Android Auto continuous reboot, and the 12V battery low (never had that before the 3.0 update and 12V battery was replaced). Clearly more work to do to get it into a state it should have been in when I took delivery of it.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
Westy

Post by Westy »

Out of nowhere the car is back and working!

Well pleased to have it back, they also fixed the puddle lights which had gone on the blink.

We shall see if I notice any difference being on 3.0
Enyaq 80 Loft
Quartz Grey

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post