Infotainment display - top line, to the right of time

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere before, but I've searched without success.
I've also tried the manual, but equally fruitless.

What does the circled number I've pointed to with the red arrow mean?
Sometimes when I glance at it it has different values, but I can't tie these in to anything.
One suggestion I got from a friend was that it was a count of the GPS satellites it could 'see'. But as I once saw the Infotainment indicating '27' that's obviously not a valid idea.

This is neither important or urgent, but I think I'd like to know!

Thanks in advance.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Hello,

I think it relates to the number of messages the car has for you (for example, ‘faults’ like the washer bottle needing refilling, etc). I could be wrong!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Pull down from the top of the screen & you should see a ‘messages’ tab.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
Powerstar

Post by Powerstar »

It advises the number of notifications you have. Maybe updates available or that the internet radio is not available for example.
Pict

Post by Pict »

As already mentioned, swipe down from the top of the screen and then select the "Notifications" tab

Page 105 of the manual

Screen-2023-02-03_17-55-01.jpg

60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

Thanks everyone. Appreciate the very prompt responses on a minor issue.
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

Ha! Just been out to the car. The number showing was 5. Ooh, I wonder what notifications it has for me?
There were five identical messages: "You need to login again. You've been offline for some time" or similar.

So, tried to follow the login procedure.
The screen threw up a QR code. "Scan this code with the MySkoda app or using the camera in your phone."
Well, nowhere could I find any scanning facility in the MySkoda app. I searched everywhere, but no joy.
So I tried my camera. It scanned the QR code up and down, and up and down, and up and down ... and nothing.
Just to check, I scanned the linear barcode on a bottle in the car. Immediately my phone recognised it and showed its contents.
So I'm thinking "Skoda have given me an invalid QR code and asked me to scan it with an app that doesn't have a scanning facility. They really don't want me to log in, do they?"

Then I spotted the alternative "Login with email" button.
This wanted me to type in my email. Ah, now, which email would that be? Let's assume it's the one I have used for my Skoda ID.
Then it asked me to type in my password.
Now the problem is I use a password manager for all my passwords. They're generally about about 20 characters long, and have every mix of characters you can imagine.
I was not prepared to start hand-typing that in to the screen. It's awkward (deliberately) and both I and the car were freezing. I'll maybe go back with a large lump of patience and a warm jacket some time.

I wonder what I've been missing by not being "online"? Probably missed my place in the queue for the OTA update to 3.1 or similar.

Once again Skoda software has triumphed over humankind and ground me in to the dust.
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

I wouldn’t worry about it. Logging in won’t stop the messages reappearing (at least not for me), and I doubt that you are missing anything.

Funnily enough I haven’t seen them since the drive software update appeared & I finally managed to get it installed.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

I couldn't find any QR code scanner function in the MySkoda App either, and while my phone camera will recognise QR codes and offers to open the web page it refers to (Skoda CONNECT) logging into that on my phone didn't the trick for me.

But logging into Skoda Connect with my email address and password on the infotainment screen, did stop the "please login" messages for me
(but then, I did that after the OTA update, so who knows?)
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
Pict

Post by Pict »

The time that I can access the QR scanner in the app is when you are at the add vehicle section after you have logged in

Screenshot_20230204-223352_MyKODA.jpg

60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post