Infotainment display - top line, to the right of time

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

Pict wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:34 pm The time that I can access the QR scanner in the app is when you are at the add vehicle section after you have logged in

What happens if your car is already in the garage?
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)

Pict

Post by Pict »

My car is in the garage, I only tapped the + to add another car to access the screen. Didn't go any further
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

So ... I tried what @Pict suggested, adding my car to the garage again. This time I did get the QR scanner in the app, and it immediately read the displayed QR code on the Infotainment screen. Then my phone - not the car - asked me to login using my Skoda ID. Did this and a few seconds later the car announced, "You've now been logged in as a guest user" A guest? So what was all this ID and password nonsense about? I just ignored it as yet another Skoda idiosyncracy.

I still had three identical messages in the notifications screen, "You've been offline for some time. You need to login again ... " etc. This time I tapped on each one and instead of tapping the "Login" button, tapped the "Later" button. And they all went away. And I've no idea whether I, or the car, am online, offline or whatever.

I may be getting on a bit but I'm not completely senile. Last weekend I replaced the 512Gb M.2 nVME SSD in my PC with a 1Tb M.2 nVME SSD. It was my boot/Windows drive so I had to image and restore it, after resizing the partitions. And the M.2 socket on the mobo was buried underneath things, so to get my big hands in I had to remove the graphics card and the CPU heatsinks and fans. All of this proves nothing except to suggest I'm not entirely averse to technology. I just don't feel Skoda are giving us a software experience at any level that matches the electromechanical aspects of the Enyaq. Which are, on the whole, excellent in my eyes.
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

Pict wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:58 am My car is in the garage, I only tapped the + to add another car to access the screen. Didn't go any further
Sounds like the app needs a "login with QR code" or "re-activate" feature for already activated cars.
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post