Lowering Springs

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Tamworth-Pig

Post by Tamworth-Pig »

Thanx for posting the illustration tiger tony, it shows the basic arrangement where the plastic pad is located between the spring and the arm. The cardigan manuals PDF file shows the pad in more detail, where its a two piece plastic part with one bit clipped to the spring and the other bit clipped to the arm.

Walter Eagle your right, Skoda should man up, if its a fault they know about. Your suggestion to find another Enyaq to compare is a valid one.

I test drove an Enyaq way back in May 2021 it was an 80 and it clunked and banged away merrily. How strange I thought at the time! Such a lovely car to drive and its a brand new model just out of development, yet it has a clunky back end. Taking into consideration the pandemic and the duress it put on all of industry at that time and the inevitable difficulty attempting the development and roll out of a new car platform; I simply never ever could have imagined that Skoda would have released the car to the market with defective suspension the same as that that 80 I test drove, so I happily and faithfully put down my order anyway.

I have been accompanied in my Enyaq by several different technicians from different dealerships on many test drives and everyone admits something's wrong with the car and they say “we don't know what it is” and it was after many repeat performances of this that I finally received the excuse “its a characteristic of the car”. Not once was I offered a ride in another Enyaq to compare: and in a way I’m glad about that, because if I it had happened and subsequentially their car was quiet in the rear suspension department, Skoda would have had me squirming around arguing about their car being quiet while mines noisy and this when they’ve already got their response pre-prepared: and that answer is: it’s subjective, your complaining about something that’s purely subjective.

It’s not dangerous it wont affect the handling, you wont go off the road and probably over time it wont damage the car, its just noisy and uncomfortable and subjective. The problem only affected some of the earliest MEB cars released, VW id.4 as well as id.3 I don’t think the problem struck Audi. Skoda wont put it right because they don't have to under the law. At the end of the day its about money, Skoda isn’t going to pay to put right all these cars with ‘subjectively’ defective rear suspension if they don’t have to. It’s about money.
Enyaq Iv 60, Velvet Red, 19" Anthracite Wheels, Lounge Interior, Climate Package Basic, Drive Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Tow Bar Preparation.

Popparumb

Post by Popparumb »

I have a 2022 2wd 80 with a definite clunk from the OSR at slow speed (20-30mph) over potholed rough roads, and sometimes speed bumps. Is this similar to what people are experienceing?
Looking at replacement springs:
The H&R springs for the Enyaq 2WD, seem to be 28625-2, which are the same H&R code for the 2wd ID4 and Q4 also
I've found some Eibach springs for the latter ID4 Pro and Q4 E10-85-058-01-22 with some weight limits for the front and rear axles
https://www.autodoc.co.uk/eibach/181124 ... 058-01-22)
https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/eibach- ... 058-01-22/

Are these likely to fit the Enyaq, despite not being TUV approved?