Remote locking/unlocking range

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Richard Head

Post by Richard Head »

We’ve had our Enyak for three weeks or so. One thing bugging me is the limited range of the remote. On our previous Outlander PHEV the remote fob worked from around 80’-100’ away. On the Enyak we literally have to be within about 12’ radius of the car. Is everyone else’s the same or do I need to complain to our dealer?
Enyak iv4 Eco-suite. Brilliant Silver.
Registered Sept 2022.
Packs: Assisted Drive; Climate; Comfort; Convenience; Family; Parking.

leelazer203

Post by leelazer203 »

I think mine works from about 20 yards or so. My old car used to work from a long way away. I found this had its own problems though. A few times I went out to my car after work to find the doors and windows open. I had obviously caught the remote in my pocket and opened the car up. No such issues with the Enyaq.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I reckon about 20-30 meters without obstruction, but less if it's through walls.

Worth noting if you're not aware of it that the Enyaq fob (like most current VW group ones) uses ultra-wideband radio frequencies and the fobs constantly talk to the car, synchronising clocks and measuring the time it takes for a signal to go between the two. If a fob is stationary for more than (I think) 5 minutes then it stops transmitting. That means that they're incredibly difficult to clone or spoof - as the car will disregard a signal from a fob that has suddenly moved for example, or was in sleep mode without first pinging a bit to indicate it had been picked up. No need to put it in a metal box :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Richard Head

Post by Richard Head »

Can anyone think of any reason ours is so feeble? Any settings anywhere? Or is it back to the dealers to sort out? Thx
Enyak iv4 Eco-suite. Brilliant Silver.
Registered Sept 2022.
Packs: Assisted Drive; Climate; Comfort; Convenience; Family; Parking.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post