Dreaded 12V battery Issue and Charger Won't disconnect

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

So this morning, i have had my first (probably wont be last) 12V battery issue.

Charged the car to 80% overnight with a 3pin mains charger and come to unplug, the car wont release. tried locking and unlocking several times and wont release.

Went in the car start the system, was greeted by "drive system error" in yellow warning and "12V system failure" in red warning. I had read and seen video about this that the 12V battery is faulty and result in car developing fault. the remedy is to discconect and reconnect to force a hard reset.

So i called Skoda Assist as the car is less than 1month old. and at the time of collection, I specifically ask the dealer if the 12V battery had been replaced as mark of the ME V3.0 firmware update and the chap said yes. to which I am surprised about as I didnt know the sales people are that techinical.

Anyway, AA tried to charge the 12V to full as well as "jump" it using the mobile battery pack. nothing worked without a hard reset. so the car is now working but I have to wait till May to get my dealer to look at the car - apparantly they got a long waiting list of car being serviced, which I presume is becuase the dealer failed to replace the 12V battery as required by the V3.0 software update.

Dealer is Allan Day.

IanJ

Post by IanJ »

Since your car is less than a month old it would have left the factory with at least ME 3.1 and the uprated 12V battery.

Does the battery symbol on the display behind the steering wheel have the charge level as a %? If it does then you’re on a minimum of ME 3.0
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

IanJ wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:19 pm Since your car is less than a month old it would have left the factory with at least ME 3.1 and the uprated 12V battery.

Does the battery symbol on the display behind the steering wheel have the charge level as a %? If it does then you’re on a minimum of ME 3.0
Strange, i was told by the dealership that the car was being serviced for software update which was the reason why I couldnt collect on the day of payment or deposit thus had to wait a further 4 days to collect.
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

If you go into Settings -> System Information on the Infotainment Screen, it should show what ID software version it has.
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

HarryHuk wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:57 pm If you go into Settings -> System Information on the Infotainment Screen, it should show what ID software version it has.
when i got the car finally, it definitely was on ME3. it had battery % on the dash screen and also battery care mode etc etc.

But the dealer told me it was updated in the workshop...

anyway the car seems to have improved efficiency since the hard reset. last 25miles have been over 4.0mi/kWh - all small journeys. this also leads me to think they proabbly did the software update in the dealership but didnt replace the battery.

The car was ready to collect in Jan, but I suspect i had arrived in UK for a decent month to 6 weeks and needing the paperwork done. my last new car took about 6 weeks from arriving at the UK port to being at dealership that was 2018. by that time, the car was proabbly built in September so not sure it would have been loaded with ME3 tbh
RallimG

Post by RallimG »

It does sound strange that they updated the to ME3 at the dealer/workshop - mine was build week 44, arrived in the UK middle of December, and delivered to me on the 16th Jan - and that has ME3.1 installed from the factory - no dealer updates or changes of battery.....
Enyaq iV Sportline, Energy Blue, 125kW Charging, Family Pack, Climate+, Conv. +, Drive+, Infotainment+ & Assisted Drive +.
Ordered Jun 2021 - delivered Jan 2023.
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

ricky10 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:50 pm
HarryHuk wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:57 pm If you go into Settings -> System Information on the Infotainment Screen, it should show what ID software version it has.
The car was ready to collect in Jan, but I suspect i had arrived in UK for a decent month to 6 weeks and needing the paperwork done. my last new car took about 6 weeks from arriving at the UK port to being at dealership that was 2018. by that time, the car was proabbly built in September so not sure it would have been loaded with ME3 tbh
Mine came with 3.0 from the factory. built May delivered June 2022...
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

ricky10 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:38 pm So this morning, i have had my first (probably wont be last) 12V battery issue.

Charged the car to 80% overnight with a 3pin mains charger and come to unplug, the car wont release. tried locking and unlocking several times and wont release.

Went in the car start the system, was greeted by "drive system error" in yellow warning and "12V system failure" in red warning. I had read and seen video about this that the 12V battery is faulty and result in car developing fault. the remedy is to discconect and reconnect to force a hard reset.

So i called Skoda Assist as the car is less than 1month old. and at the time of collection, I specifically ask the dealer if the 12V battery had been replaced as mark of the ME V3.0 firmware update and the chap said yes. to which I am surprised about as I didnt know the sales people are that techinical.

Anyway, AA tried to charge the 12V to full as well as "jump" it using the mobile battery pack. nothing worked without a hard reset. so the car is now working but I have to wait till May to get my dealer to look at the car - apparantly they got a long waiting list of car being serviced, which I presume is becuase the dealer failed to replace the 12V battery as required by the V3.0 software update.

Dealer is Allan Day.
Did you get it resolved as in something done or just told to come back if happens again ? I’ve had this only once but had to manually use the emergency release in side of boot then was fine ever since
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

C2atb wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:23 pm
ricky10 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:38 pm So this morning, i have had my first (probably wont be last) 12V battery issue.

Dealer is Allan Day.
Did you get it resolved as in something done or just told to come back if happens again ? I’ve had this only once but had to manually use the emergency release in side of boot then was fine ever since
I called the Skoda Assist (AA) to come to hard reset the car. Emergency release wouldn’t have resolve the issue as the car was displaying 12V battery issue and being a red warning sign. When AA measured the 12V battery, it was low. Just below 12V.

I have booked diagnostic with the dealership but it isn’t till May. In the meantime the car seems to be behaving. Currently having a charge and I will see how it goes tmr morning if the same thing happens again.
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

A bit of update. The car didn’t take any charge last night. So it seems something is very wrong

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post