FitCamX - Review?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

I have received and installed this camera and I’m so impressed with this! The OEM install looks brilliant and the 4K quality is amazing.

RichR

Post by RichR »

I don't suppose you took any photos during installation? Does look to be a good solution that avoids messing with the trim panels and running wires near airbags.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
riki1

Post by riki1 »

I ordered a week ago, so it will arrive in about a week. Today, everything is made in China, including this, but I think it is a serious manufacturer.

SKODA Enyaq RS Coupe, ( riki1.eu )
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

riki1 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:57 pm I ordered a week ago, so it will arrive in about a week. Today, everything is made in China, including this, but I think it is a serious manufacturer.

It’s a brilliant camera! Really impressed with the quality. I didn’t take any pictures during install and it was very, very tough to twist off the existing mirror but this video makes more sense than what I was looking at while doing it.
riki1

Post by riki1 »

Camera has arrived, I will install it tomorrow (originally it was nicely packed in two separate boxes inside this one)

riki1

Post by riki1 »

I have installed the camera, it works correctly. (I corrected the date and time later)

Itchigo23

Post by Itchigo23 »

riki1 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:57 pm I ordered a week ago, so it will arrive in about a week. Today, everything is made in China, including this, but I think it is a serious manufacturer.

How did you get the app on the infotainment screen?
riki1

Post by riki1 »

As I already wrote in another thread, I think, that the best way to make a real multimedia system from the main screen of Enyaq, is to buy an android dongle. I bought an UX-999 for my previous car (Suzuki Vitara), and it works very well for me in Enyaq too. I can install any Android app...
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

riki1 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:48 pm As I already wrote in another thread, I think, that the best way to make a real multimedia system from the main screen of Enyaq, is to buy an android dongle. I bought an UX-999 for my previous car (Suzuki Vitara), and it works very well for me in Enyaq too. I can install any Android app...
If I come to the car and power on my car defaults to CarPlay instead of android box most of the time how did you get around it
riki1

Post by riki1 »

C2atb wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:40 pm
riki1 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:48 pm As I already wrote in another thread, I think, that the best way to make a real multimedia system from the main screen of Enyaq, is to buy an android dongle. I bought an UX-999 for my previous car (Suzuki Vitara), and it works very well for me in Enyaq too. I can install any Android app...
If I come to the car and power on my car defaults to CarPlay instead of android box most of the time how did you get around it
My Android box connects to the car using Apple CarPlay technology (I don't have an Apple phone). In the settings of the android box, I have the option, to enter an application, that should start automatically when the system starts (I have an AIMP player). I have a new car, so I have the latest version of the software in it.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post