New facelift coming for the Enyaq in Model year 2024

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
HagChi

Post by HagChi »

Hi

Have you heard about the upcoming Enyaq (model year 2024)? I mean the new updates that the car will get. Apparently, the factory starts producing a new model after this year's summer vacation (August-September). What could be those new updates...hardware? I hope that software will be the same for old Enyaqs as well. I've been waiting for over a year now I hope that I am not the one that gets the last version of 2023 model.

From 2:40 ->

Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

Anyone ordering now will probably be delivered an updated one then.
Choice of extras, colour and interior are possibly out of date by the time their car is built
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
RallimG

Post by RallimG »

I wouldn't hold your breath with Skoda, for the most part including myself cars have been delivered as per model year current at the time of ordering, e.g. I ordered in June 2021, built end of 2022 but with all the 2021 options and none of the 2022 changes like the additional side sensors for automated parking. The only thing that was current was the car software!
Enyaq iV Sportline, Energy Blue, 125kW Charging, Family Pack, Climate+, Conv. +, Drive+, Infotainment+ & Assisted Drive +.
Ordered Jun 2021 - delivered Jan 2023.
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

I always get excited about new models and updates but They should resolve the high level of software/ comfort hardware issues on current models first . I feel even now as a 2021 owner I’m been pushed to the back of the list from new pre installed 3.0 and 3.1 owners regarding issues .
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

bit more info from Auto Car:

The Skoda Enyaq iV and Skoda Enyaq Coupé iV are primed for a significant round of updates in 2024, in a bid to cement their position near the top of the electric SUV sales chart.

Confirmed as part of a wide-reaching Skoda product preview, the revamped Enyaq iV will receive a styling overhaul influenced by the brand's new 'Modern Solid' design language - as first showcased by last year's bold Vision 7S concept. Details remain scarce, but preview images suggest a new front end will be the most obvious visual differentiator from today's car. The Czech brand's new 'Tech Deck' face for EVs is defined by striking LED headlights, mounted vertically right at the corner of the car, and a new-look, much smaller 'grille' panel.

Aside from the new colour, trim and wheel design options that will no doubt be introduced as the Enyaq iV is updated, the SUV also stands to benefit from significant upgrades made to the Volkswagen Group's MEB EV platform since it was launched - as showcased by the recently refreshed Volkswagen ID 3, which also uses the architecture.

Chief among the technical improvements are likely to be an increase in maximum charging speed from 125kW to 170kW, which will dramatically shorten top-up times at rapid chargers. The ID 3's powertrain offering has been cut, for now, to a sole rear-drive option with 204bhp, but there is no indication the Enyaq iV will follow suit - so the RWD and vRS-badged AWD variants are each expected to be updated.

skoda_enyaq_iv_suv_update_model.jpg

skokda-enyaq-front-three-quarter.jpg

skoda-enyaq-coupe-front-three-qu.jpg

skoda-enyaq-side-static.jpg

skoda-enyaq-coupe-side.jpg

skoda-enyaq-front-three-quarter.jpg

skoda-enyaq-coupe-rear-three-qua.jpg

skoda-enyaq-side.jpg

ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

The clamp shell front looks good.

I think it would make sense for Skoda to be using prototyping bodywork for the 7 seater panels on the Enyaq. Especially the front and rear ends.

Charging rate increase is nice but unlikely to affect real use.

The updates to the MEB on that Id2 had more efficient motor and better efficiency in the electrical systems meaning the smaller battery on ID2 has better miles per kWh or overall efficiency. Interesting to see what the technical advances there are. May inform my car choice 4yr down the line
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

... new 'Modern Solid' design language - as first showcased by last year's bold Vision 7S concept.
😂

Utter marketing bollocks! Wonderful. That's definitely why I bought an Enyaq: it spoke the conceptual design language to me.
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

I had a mark 1 2010 Yeti and loved the style. Second company car Yeti in 2014 was the revised front which initially I didn’t like as much but you get used to it and even had a third one in new style bought personally in 2017. By then the mark 1 just looked dated to me.
We all adapt as the cars evolve. Love the current Enyaq coupe style, no double will get used to revised version in time, but no plans to change for years.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

Genuine question: how often and how long do you spend looking at the outside of your car?

My own relationship is that it's generally parked out of sight, I walk to it (briefly see the outside), get in and drive somewhere (can't see the outside) , get out and leave it parked somewhere while I walk away. So for most of the time the car is either invisible to me, or I'm looking at the inside. I really don't pay that much attention to the outside appearance or style.

Go on, tell me I'm the weirdo. What is it about blokes and cars?
Lidodido

Post by Lidodido »

I doubt it will be a facelift. I think the update will be the new rear engine from the ID.7.

At least here in Sweden, configuring an ID.4 with AWD gives you a message that cars ordered now might get different specifications in terms of power and range due to changes in manufacturing after the summer. This is probably the new rear engine, and it's probably the same thing with the Enyaq.

A facelift would probably be marketed earlier, and up for sales earlier before launch. It'll probably be shown during 2024, and released 2025-2026 or something. MY 2024 which starts being manufactured soon is probably a different thing.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post