New MySkoda app

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

snalbansed wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 5:42 am
BioHzrd wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 5:31 am Available version on Android appears to be 5.4.3 April 17th release.
5.4.3 on Android is the legacy application, now called MyŠkoda Essentials.

There is a new application, separate install, which is also called MyŠkoda, which is on version 6.1.0.
Thanks for that, wasn't aware it had changed just figured Android was behind the times
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂

RichR

Post by RichR »

I have a feeling that the km/miles conversion thing was an issue back in 2021 in the early days of the old app, but it didn't affect everyone (didn't affect mine for example). So I wonder if they made the same mistake on the new app? There were some other LHD/RHD issues early on - like selecting to heat the driver's seat would heat the passenger seat on a UK car, but worked fine on European (ie LHD) cars.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

The km and miles conversion is literally just car needs to communicate with the server I think.
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

So here we are, all getting in a tizz, on what appears to be Skoda's SIXTH major release of this app, and still they can't get basic arithmetic, communications etc functioning.
I am just so glad I never had to deal with V1.x if it was ever released to the public.
I'd rate the current version now as 'adequate' - no more than that. It provides the basic essentials. Hey, maybe that's what they should have called it - Skoda Essentials! Wonder why no-one thought of that name?
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

It’s not the app that’s faulty, but something in the Skoda server. The very useful EEVEE app also gets the range wrong once car goes to sleep and that is connecting to the server as far as I know not this app.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

Tronity does the same.
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
RichR

Post by RichR »

I guess because Enyaqs configured to show distances in miles are in the minority, there's perhaps something that is meant to recognise the configuration and apply the correction. However because you can switch between miles and km in the car, it means that the servers have to contact the car to get the current configuration. And if the car is in deep sleep it maybe won't have returned which units it's using before the server responds with the km figure?

Just speculating really. It'd be so much easier if the UK just changed to kilometers like the rest of the developed world... :D
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

Speaking as a software engineer, really the car should always work internally in km, and the config just govern how its displayed to the user. It looks like the car is communicating quantity and units, and in a few places in the software, the units have been hardcoded to km, rather than looked up in the config. Asking for quantity and units separately wouldn't be sensible.
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

the important thing is that the range in the car is correct.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

RichR wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:18 pm
Just speculating really. It'd be so much easier if the UK just changed to kilometers like the rest of the developed world... :D

🤣🤣🤣. Not a Farage fan then. I don’t blame you 🤣

I actually quite like this new app. I wonder if they’re using a different cloud-service provider? One which doesn’t crash as soon as we all remotely activate pre-heating on frosty mornings!
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post