Handbrake & Auto Hold Failure

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Bobak

Post by Bobak »

Today I’ve had an electronic handbrake error, auto hold error and now the car thinks the handbrake is on when it’s not. When parked the P flashes and I have warning triangles on the dash.
When parked the car is engaging the handbrake but only on the drivers side. I’m able to drive off with all 4 wheels moving but the car thinks the handbrake is on.Image

Anyone experienced this?

AA came out, confirmed it was safe to drive unless I notice any wheels locking. Skoda technical weren’t available until Thursday. Wonder if I should reset the error codes to see if that re-engages the handbrake on both sides

IMG_2415.png

IMG_2416.jpeg

IMG_2419.png

Race Blue Sportline iV80 | Auto Tow-bar | PodPoint

snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

I haven't experienced this, so off-topic question: which app is this showing the error codes?
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
Bobak

Post by Bobak »

OBDeleven app with the OBD2 dongle
Race Blue Sportline iV80 | Auto Tow-bar | PodPoint
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

👍
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
DazF05

Post by DazF05 »

The fault I had sounds exactly the same as yours

A hand brake mechanism replacement fixed mine

Dazf05
Enyaq IV80 Loft Quartz grey HeatPump 125kw charging convenience pack climate pack and electric tow bar.
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

I think I now have this issue but don’t have a car scanner and the dealership can’t look at the car for two weeks.

How can a local garage see someone the same day but a main dealership takes two weeks?!?
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
RichR

Post by RichR »

Lots of reasons - For example, dealerships may only have one or two lifts, and if they're completing a manufacturer recall campaign those lifts and the technicians time could be booked up for a while.

Any garage can read fault codes, or you can get an EOBD/OBD-II interface from Amazon that you can connect to a phone or laptop for under £10. Or if you want a standalone unit with a screen and generic database, they're about £20.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post