Performance and adverts

Suggestions & Help using the Skoda Enyaq Forums
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

A few weeks ago, the performance of this site became really poor, and it would keep logging me out so I had to log in again.

This now seems to have been fixed, but with the fix has come really intrusive ads that I didn't have before.

I don't use an ad blocker - I like the low barrier to see the content and contribute that a "free" ad funded site offers, and I think it is reasonable for Motoring Nation to get a return on their investment in the site by advertising to people who come for the excellent content we users have generated.

But I'm finding the experience of using this site so much less enjoyable than I have done in the past.

Can I check that the change in advertising behaviour is common to all of you?
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Hi,
Hopefully I resolved the logout / performance issues last week.

The ads appear to be an auto ads setting Google has switched on for the site. I’ve turned it off now as it is ridiculous how many it was displaying.

Hopefully now it is back to normal with a max of 2/3 per page, no pop ups, no sticky ads, no ads between pages.

Thanks
Rob
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

Thanks Rob, appreciate it!
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
Deasea

Post by Deasea »

Hi Rob,

I'm also finding the 'new' ads really intrusive I concur with snalbansed's comments but 3 large banner ads per page - top, middle and bottom - is less comfortable for me and I as a result I am finding that I am spending less time on the site.

Hopefully you can do a little more with the settings?
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

I agree, never look at them anyway since I would never respond to an ad anyway. (Always record tv programmes I want to watch for example and just easily jump the adverts so a 1 hour prog normally watched in 40 mins or less!. Even if it is on live just start recording it and do something more usefull for the 20 mins or more delay until all the advert time wasted can be jumped.)
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Ken3966 wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:04 am I agree, never look at them anyway since I would never respond to an ad anyway. (Always record tv programmes I want to watch for example and just easily jump the adverts so a 1 hour prog normally watched in 40 mins or less!. Even if it is on live just start recording it and do something more usefull for the 20 mins or more delay until all the advert time wasted can be jumped.)
Same here!

And thanks Rob, for returning the ads to a more reasonable level.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
Susans Dad

Post by Susans Dad »

Thanks Rob, great job
Ordered 21 July 2021 - Enyaq iv 80 , Artic Silver, 21 Betria wheels, Light & view pack +, Infotainment pack +, Assisted drive pack +, Comfort seat pack +, Parking +, Climate pack +, Driving sport pack, Pan roof & now 125kW fast charge

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post