Battery protection limit messages

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
RichR

Post by RichR »

I really don't think checking the app is likely to drain the battery - people have been checking frequently for years with no issues. And there are people with things like Tronity and HomeAssistant configured to pull the status regularly with no issues. Note that the car itself has no error messages or warning lights, and is now the app is working fine again - so I'm pretty sure it was just a glitch earlier this week at the Skoda server end. Other than services that rely on the car status from Skoda Connect (ie the Skoda apps, Octopus Intelligent etc), this had no effect on the ability of the car to do everything it should do.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

I suspect they've adjusted something in the API to allow less requests before triggering the protection, and because Intelligent Octopus is quite "chatty" its reaching that limit overnight.

Both yesterday and today i had a message from Octopus saying desired charge level not reached and the car had stopped in the 70's rather than at 85% where it should. Checking the Skoda app in the morning it was showing the battery protection warning.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

How many Skoda 'glitches' are there in one Skoda 'fault'? What's the current exchange rate?

Did a 180 mile round trip yesterday and, once inside the house at home, wanted to check what charge was left in the car. Got this uninformative message. (Battery? Which battery? Phone battery? Car battery? Which car battery? Limit? Which limit? Too high? Too low? ) Checked using Tronity app instead. Ah, excellent, 42%. Thank you.

Left the car overnight for it to have a rest and sleep on it. (the car to rest, not me) . Nope, same message today. Went out to the car, unlocked it, jumped in, all displays as normal. Any battery low limit that couldn't afford a few picoamps to respond to an app request certainly couldn't have afforded the milliamps required to unlock the door relays and power the infotainment and driver screen. But still the app shows the mysterious message.

This seems to be a nuisance rather than a disaster. But I still dread what will happen when a vital software module in the car - braking, steering, motor management - starts misbehaving like this when I'm doing 70 in lane 3 of a motorway.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I’ll say it again - I don’t think this has anything to do with the car systems. I think it’s at the server side. The actual car control software seems very reliable.

I don’t have Octopus Intelligent, and only have only used the app maybe four times in the last week. Yet I got the message on the same day a lot of people did.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

I'll say it again too.
Skoda has (or should have) responsibility for and control of the entire software environment. I don't care if that's the embedded car systems, the mobile apps, the browser pages or the servers.
In this day and age they shouldn't draw a boundary round the physical vehicle.
If, as Warren Buffet would have it, they want "to delight their customers", I see integration of all these systems (yes, like Tesla) as being a major requirement.
I'm on their side, I paid the money and I bought their car, but the difference between the hardware and software in which I've invested just seems so imbalanced.
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Walter Eagle wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:21 pm I'll say it again too.
Skoda has (or should have) responsibility for and control of the entire software environment. I don't care if that's the embedded car systems, the mobile apps, the browser pages or the servers.
In this day and age they shouldn't draw a boundary round the physical vehicle.
If, as Warren Buffet would have it, they want "to delight their customers", I see integration of all these systems (yes, like Tesla) as being a major requirement.
I'm on their side, I paid the money and I bought their car, but the difference between the hardware and software in which I've invested just seems so imbalanced.
Hear, hear
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
Deepdiver

Post by Deepdiver »

Anyone still getting this message. Only had car 4 weeks & been charging OK with intelligent octopus. I have a shell advanced home charger. Noticed when using charger that it will lock go white then green then white? & io would set times to charge. Also Noticed shell app goes from available to suspended, I guess waiting for the signal from io to charge. Think skoda app showed plugged in. Now shell app says unknown & skoda app does not show plugged in. I've seen the charger socket go from either white or off or red. Have reset charger, disconnected and reconnected device in io app. Did try charging at a customer yesterday on 7kw charger with supplied cable & working OK, even though it was only for 45 minutes. Don't know who to contact. Shell or Skoda as I reckon both will pass the buck. That's the problem these days. No one wants to take responsibility. I am going away next weekend & was thinking of taking the car. Now I don't know if I can trust it.
RallimG

Post by RallimG »

I have the Shell Advanced Charger - I originally has the 'Connect charger' unused for 12 months whilst I waited for the car to be delivered - when the car arrived it displayed similar behaviour flashing white then going red. It was a rubbish charger which required a bluetooth connection, Shelll recharge replaced it with the advanced unit and I've just recently moved to Intelligent Octopus - its been working ok. What happens if you tell IO to Bump Charge? You might need to removed IO out of the equation, ie disable it and test the charger on its own to make sure the advanced unit is working properly....
Enyaq iV Sportline, Energy Blue, 125kW Charging, Family Pack, Climate+, Conv. +, Drive+, Infotainment+ & Assisted Drive +.
Ordered Jun 2021 - delivered Jan 2023.
Deepdiver

Post by Deepdiver »

Been playing around most of the day. At the moment I have IO smart charging disabled.
Tried plugging charger into car & noticed Shell App go to start session with a msg saying charging would start within 10 mins which it did. skoda essentials app then showed charging. I could stop & start charge in the car. If I stop charge in skoda app it does stop charging in the shell app but still shows session running on which only stops if I stop it in the app which then says plug connector in or if I unplug from the car.
I tried a 15 min schedule in the shell app which also worked. By the way the charge light next to the connector start white (lock) green then white.
Each time the shell app shows available/charging then unknown. When I first got the car & it was working correctly the shell app would show available/charging then suspended.
I have now uninstalled shell app from phone & re-enabled IO smart charging, charger went available/charging then unknown. white (lock) green then white. IO has set times & skoda essentials app shows ready to charge. No lights on next to connector on car. So, we will see what has happened when I get up tomorrow morning. I am wondering if it is something to do with the way the charger is working ie. Going from suspended to unknown.
Work colleague has same car/charger with no issues. we have compared settings.

UPDATE 1: Next morning. Well, It charged to 80%, the limit I set. Both charger/car have green light but not charging. Logged online to shell account which showed unknown & skoda essentials shows ready to charge. unplugged from car & checked online shell account & charger shows available.
Don't have a clue what's going on. Fingers crossed.

UPDATE 2: Well did not charge last night via IO even though I had an email from shell to say they did something to the charger. Probs just BS. Now what?
riki1

Post by riki1 »

Today I received this message for the first time when I wanted to check my car through MySkoda. The weather was quite cold, so maybe that's why. I think, it's about the fact, that when the vehicle is connected to the server, it constantly loses a bit of energy from the 12V battery. When its capacity drops below a certain limit, it turns off communication with the server to save energy. During the report, however, it was possible to cancel the check and then my mobile connected to the car and I could check everything.
SKODA Enyaq RS Coupe, ( riki1.eu )

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post