Battery protection limit messages

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
ErikT

Post by ErikT »

I had the same message in the App. My thoughts are in line with Dorsetandy as It appears when trying to charge above 80%. It stopped at 82%.

The car is less than three weeks old.

iv80x.

IanJ

Post by IanJ »

ErikT wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:02 am I had the same message in the App. My thoughts are in line with Dorsetandy as It appears when trying to charge above 80%. It stopped at 82%.

The car is less than three weeks old.

iv80x.
My app returned to normal at about 10pm, shortly after my last post. My charge started as normal at 00.30 and continued as planned to 90%. So I doubt that the issue was charge setting related and was more likely another addition to the list of Skoda server related issues that affect the app.
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Mines done the same the last few days. Something to do with octopus intelligent perhaps? It has to poll the car regularly to work it's magic.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

Aragorn wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:58 am Mines done the same the last few days. Something to do with octopus intelligent perhaps? It has to poll the car regularly to work it's magic.
I wouldn't think so. I'm not using Octopus Intelligent just the timing software in the car together with a dumb charger.
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
Lorttrol

Post by Lorttrol »

I had similar messages and I dont do any smart charging. The app still thinks the car is parked at Tesco. I did get the option to over ride the warnings, it then told me the cars status but it wouldn't update the location. The issue of showing 124 miles at 70% charge returned as i should have nearly 200 in the tank. I suspect its a skoda server issue or an update that has caused things to go wonky.
Ordered 8th Jan 22 - 80, Energy Blue, Loft, Light and View +, Convenience +, Drive Pack +, Comfort seat basic, Climate Package basic, Drive Sport Basic and HUD. Delivery 41 weeks to the day!
Previous: Tarraco, 1st Edition Plus 2.0 TDI 7 speed DSG 4WD
RichR

Post by RichR »

I think it was a server issue too - given that dozens of people got the message (me included) on the same day. My 12V battery I know is fully charged and brand new (as it was fitted only a week ago as part of the ME3 upgrade). I did go out to the car (totally unrelated, I wanted something from the glove box), and there were no messages or warning lights to indicate the 12V battery was low. And later that day it went back to normal on the app.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Yes like you all say app issue.
But unfortunately my charging was not carried out as planned via the octopus intelligence, all looked ok as attached photo but did not carry out the charge so on the same mileage/ percentage this morning
Frustrating to say the least
Not sure who to blame octopus or skoda

IMG_3989.png

Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Just spoken to octopus and they are going to investigate to see if charging issue is there problem or ŠKODA
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

Mine charged ok last night and to 100% for first time since I had car as long trip this morning.
I use IO and there seems to be an issue on the IO app that mismatches charge level. Eg set the car to 90% and IO also to 90% and you get a warning to set the car limit higher than IO setting. Still seems to charge though. Sometimes with car set to 90% and app set to 80% or 85% you actually get 81% or 86% respectively actual charge completed according to car.
Consequently you always get this message when aiming for 100%. Still got there last night though.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Fenders

Post by Fenders »

I’ve been getting the same message just the last two days, and have had the car set to 100% charge for a few months now because I bring below at least 90% daily. I admittedly had been checking the app a bit more frequently while charging at some public stations, but perhaps just once an hour.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post