Electric Drive is not working correctly

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
spinna1969

Post by spinna1969 »

Kevin101 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:27 pm I also have the Electric drive issue. Car booked in for 4.3.24. It appeared before Christams. Was not offered a courtesy car. Has everyone been offered a courtesy car. Should I insist on one?
Yes insist on it. I got the error 23 minutes after delivery last week. Already had Škoda assist out on day 2 codes cleared. Not seen the error since that day. I’m anticipating it coming back.

Kevin101

Post by Kevin101 »

My fault appeared before Xmas and went to garage who confirmed battery fault. 3 weeks later fault on dash disappeared. I informed garage who are saying they'll still go ahead with the fix.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Yes insist your dealership should put the request in for you, or in my case I contacted Skoda customer service directly. But my fault disappeared but then appeared the next day after garage recharged and used my vehicle
Contact details of person I have been dealing with.
Explain your situation and he will liaise with your dealership
Chez Alexander
Customer Relations Manager
01135 269 365
SkodaLogo T: 03330 037 504
E: customerservices@skoda.co.uk

ŠKODA UK
Yeomans Drive
Blakelands
Milton Keynes
MK14 5AN
www.skoda.co.uk www.skoda-auto.com
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Kevin101 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:27 pm I also have the Electric drive issue. Car booked in for 4.3.24. It appeared before Christams. Was not offered a courtesy car. Has everyone been offered a courtesy car. Should I insist on one?
If you still have your own car to drive around in then i dont see the need for a courtesy car... It can still be driven with the warning light on.

If they've taken your car off you, then absolutely demand a courtesy car.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

spinna1969 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:45 pm I got the error 23 minutes after delivery last week. Already had Škoda assist out on day 2 codes cleared. Not seen the error since that day. I’m anticipating it coming back.
Thats unlikely to be the battery fault if its a brand new car. I did hear some new cars were shipping with faulty water pumps though.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Deleted User 2446

Post by Deleted User 2446 »

Aragorn wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:02 am
spinna1969 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:45 pm I got the error 23 minutes after delivery last week. Already had Škoda assist out on day 2 codes cleared. Not seen the error since that day. I’m anticipating it coming back.
Thats unlikely to be the battery fault if its a brand new car. I did hear some new cars were shipping with faulty water pumps though.

Yes that’s more likely to be the 12v was flat… saw the car was delivered in a separate post - so either A) they left the car unlocked and on , or b) they left it locked and the motion set the alarm off for most of the journey.
Darcy-Actual

Post by Darcy-Actual »

DaxEnyaq80 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:38 pm My car had the Electric Drive Amber warning. I took into Skoda as needed some warranty work for the puddle light splodge (another issue) and they have said it is a battery module that needs to be replacing. Has to go to Leeds for fixing and can't be seen until March so will be without it for about 6-8 weeks at best. Replacement car is being sorted so will see what I get.

MIne is a 21 plate Enyaq 80 with 37000 miles on it. No performance issues or range issues since the warning but garage said that driving it could cause more damage. The garage did say that they have one in for something similar and has been three months so fingers crossed.
If that's DM Keith in Leeds then that was almost certainly my Enyaq.

Like most everyone else here I got the ping-O-doom back in early November '23. Got it taken to the nearest Skoda dealer to investigate. They had to replace a part - I suspect a battery module based on people's experiences and comments on here but then didn't have the right glue to seal it up again.

They got the glue in, but they didn't have the right bolts. On back order from Ukraine apparently.

I finally got the car back about 2 weeks ago.

It was fine.

For 6 days.

And then PING, Electric drive not working... well you know the rest.

They took it back again, Skoda advised they needed to apply a software update which involved discharging the battery. They duely did so and I picked it up again about this time last week. The car was at 52% charge but wasn't going PING so I took it home.

Plugged it in to charge to 80%.

Next morning, guess what?

PING!

I've picked up an OBD11 Whatsit, and can see error messages, among other things, for:

Onboard supply control unit
High voltage battery charger

I'm currently logging when the error happens to see if there's any pattern. So far no, PING every time I turn on the car. Based on someone's comment here, I'm tempted to charge to 100% and see if that helps.
71 plate Enyaq 80 suite
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

oh man thats a total nightmare...

Mines slowly working its way up the dealership queue, they've said it should be ready the first week in March.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Andy Enyaq

Post by Andy Enyaq »

I got the dreaded error about a fortnight ago. Finally made it to the main dealers on Tuesday They've had it since then. Apparently battery module 10 has had it. They've not even managed in three days to get a response from Skoda UK reference having it looked at by a Battery Centre. Apparently the bookings have a 4 week ish waiting time and I'm already second in the queue from that dealership. My question is this....will they just change that module.....or all of them.....bearing in mind the modules are all of the same vintage.....surely others are likely to fail..... I'm so glad its a company car.....
Racing Blue Metallic iV60 Loft
Parking Package Basic, Climate Package Basic,100 Kw Dc Charging, Cmft St Pck Bsc M+ Pfa/Pfb/Pfc+psb/Psa, Heat Pump, Drive Package Basic,Astd Drv Pkg Bsc M+pfa/Pfb/Pfc,Transport Package
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

They will only change the one faulty module.

The story goes that its a manufacturing defect, affecting some small proportion of cells manufactured in a specific time period, if the fault was going to show up, it would have done by now. Bear in mind the car has 108 cells, and only one of them is typically faulty. They replace the module containing that one bad cell and the pack is returned to full health. At least thats the theory.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post