Electric Drive is not working correctly

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Enyaq
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Theres no danger IMO from continuing to drive it. The recall notice that was issued in the US for instance makes no suggestion that the car is unsafe to drive. The one cell will just reduce available range as it will reach "empty" before the others. 3.7 to 3.9 seems like quite a gap though, must be having a fair dent on the range?

At least my place hasnt been messing about with loan cars i guess 🙄 The Superb PHEV is annoying, but they sorted it out with minimal hassle from their own stock.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite

Eastoal

Post by Eastoal »

My 71 enyaq 60 Ecosuite had the electric drive error msg pop up y'day 22/1. Phoned my dealer who told me they didn't have anyone who could look at it and I should drive the car to Glasgow. Told them there was no way I was driving it as I didn't know if the car would fail or not, nor was I paying for a recovery. I was told sorry, but we have no one trained to fix/look at it. Eventually managed to get Skoda Assist out who confirmed the issue and that my local dealer should have taken the car. Subsequent call from assist saying that fault was sent to local dealer who should now take car. Called dealer this morning, and again given the same response. Asked for General Manager to phone me as Assist told me they can't refuse to take car and if they do it will be penalties for them. Advised me that if they don't have a courtesy car, then they will have to provide me with one via eurocar. Subsequently, I got a call back from the service manager to book my car in tomorrow.....laughable thing it was due in tomorrow to get the latest software upgrade! My range has dropped significantly, charged it A/C to 100%, and got 144 mile range ( normally 165 in winter). Since then, I have driven literally 5 miles, and it's sitting at 120 miles.
After reading previous posts, I'm not holding out to get it fixed anytime soon.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Evening,
Mine is still at Swindon awaiting to be uplifted to Newport, in February .
I had a right time over it as after the garage had run diagnostics and recharged the vehicle the electric drive warning then disappeared.
So I was due to collect the vehicle to see if the fault would reoccur as the original claim for a hire vehicle was rejected.
Garage then drove my car around town and the fault reoccured.
They were able to rerun diagnostics 08c test they were able to tell Newport which parts where needed.
Battery Module 1, which requires 50 bolts!!!
Apparently the bolts have now arrived but due to the backlog of vehicles will be some time before it is looked at.
This however is quicker than I expected with the bolts as I had an email from ŠKODA customer service to say because of Russia/Ukraine situation they had no idea how long this would be..
I’m fortunate to have been given a car by VW via Eurocar. Car I’m currently using is a Mercedes GLA 200 so I’m very grateful.
My experience was it has to be diagnosed and parts delivered before your garage will arrange for it to be transported to a battery car centre.
Because of an email I sent to customer over the hire car being denied initially I am being updated regularly regarding the process of my vehicle.
To be fair Fish Brothers Skoda Swindon have been helpful and keeping me informed also.
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

I went directly to the battery centre in the hope that it would get a little bit more priority. I figured if i took it to my local place it was going to sit about there for a while before having to be moved to the battery centre etc. Thankfully for me its not that much further away, 40miles instead of 20.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Eastoal

Post by Eastoal »

Further to my previous entry.
After a bit of back and forth my dealer took my vehicle to look at fault in addition to what it was booked in for (software update). Update completed successfully, everything reset and road tested. No fault showing. Success or so I thought. Charged car overnight to 100%. Went out in morning and disconnected charger and car had a range of 160 miles showing. When I subsequently went out and started it. The range had dropped to 152 miles and immediately pinged with electric drive fault again. Called my dealer and to be fair they took the car back immediately and provided a courtesy car. The story continues......
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

The dealer should have been able to see the fault code the first time around, sending you away is taking the P a bit....

The big software update resets all the modules in the car, so will have cleared the codes, however as you've discovered, once the battery is charged up again the code will return.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Eastoal

Post by Eastoal »

Aragorn....I agree...but had to give them benefit of doubt.
Further to last update...dealer called confirming fault...again! And that they couldn't fix it. They then told me to come and get my car, return the courtesy car and that I would have to sort with the service centre in Glasgow to get my car fixed.
Why?? I asked are they (my dealer) not sorting this on my behalf. We don't do this was the reply. I then asked for them to call the centre on my behalf as I'm sure there would be questions about the fault and whether I could get a courtesy car as I lived 30 miles away!. Again we don't do that but as its you we will do this as a one off!
In the interim I called Skoda Customer Care and did my dinner!! The service handler was very nice, agreed that this was not on and could I let them call the dealer to ascertain what was going on and that they would call me back.
No call was received before I had returned to my dealer however when I spoke to the service manager they asked if I has got their call. I hadn't and they promptly told me to hold on to the car I had and that they would organise for my vehicle to be taken to Glasgow. The downside is that it will be the middle of March before my car can be fixed.
I asked if they had received a call from SCC to which they said they had and had received an earful from them...lol.
I subsequently received a call back from the lovely girl I had spoken to at SCC apologising, who then advised me that I was to hold to the car until my car is returned by my dealer! Result. 10/10 to SCC 0/10 for my dealer. When this is sorted there will be one heck of a report going from me to Skoda!
DaxEnyaq80

Post by DaxEnyaq80 »

My car had the Electric Drive Amber warning. I took into Skoda as needed some warranty work for the puddle light splodge (another issue) and they have said it is a battery module that needs to be replacing. Has to go to Leeds for fixing and can't be seen until March so will be without it for about 6-8 weeks at best. Replacement car is being sorted so will see what I get.

MIne is a 21 plate Enyaq 80 with 37000 miles on it. No performance issues or range issues since the warning but garage said that driving it could cause more damage. The garage did say that they have one in for something similar and has been three months so fingers crossed.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Evening mine was repaired over a week ago but it is still awaiting transportation to bring it back to my Skoda garage. Module parts that were needed arrived quicker than anticipated, and repair was carried out within two days.
I have been without my car since the 1st week of January. Been driving a Mercedes that VW have provided since mine first went into the garage.
Nice car but costly to run compared to my 60 Skoda
My 21 plate has got over 42,000 on the clock, and looking forward in driving it again soon.
Due to transportation issues it still could be the end of the month before I get my car back, as it also needs to go back to my dealership to get puddle lights replaced.
Happy days
Kevin101

Post by Kevin101 »

I also have the Electric drive issue. Car booked in for 4.3.24. It appeared before Christams. Was not offered a courtesy car. Has everyone been offered a courtesy car. Should I insist on one?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post