Tips for new Enyaq / EV owner

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
ZheMan

Post by ZheMan »

Hello Everyone.

I'll be picking up my Enyaq 80 next week after getting a good deal on it from the existing stock. Excited about the transition but a little nervous as this will be my first EV and looking at extending the health of the batteries as much as possible.

I've been looking online to get accustomed to the EV life, (charging habits, public chargers and all that) but are there any tips or tricks you guys have picked up over the last few years of ownership that you could share?

Thanks a bunch!

Dad

Post by Dad »

Number 1 advice is to get yourself onto an electricity tariff that offers cheap off peak rates (Octopus Intelligent is 7.5p). Makes a huge difference to running costs and puts a smile on your face!

Obviously do the maths in case your peak rate is higher but if you are able to move more usage to off peak such as the dishwasher, washing and drying then that will more than offset it.

I’ve taken it a step further by recently installing solar and battery storage which now means I’m only ever paying off peak rates for my electric 24/7 .. because the batteries, topped with solar or off peak electricity, provide our household consumption during the day. But this was a decision we made independently of our EV ownership.
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus smoke grey alloys, parking basic, climate basic, 100KW charging.

Octopus Referral code to receive £50 credit
Use this link https://share.octopus.energy/clean-dingo-514
Or referral code clean-dingo-514
riki1

Post by riki1 »

If it's possible, charge with 11kW at home to 80%, don't leave the car charged above 80% or below 20 % for a long time. If the car will not be used for a long time, only charge the battery to 50-60% and at least once a week get into the car, start it, or turn on the air conditioning (for example, via the mobile application) to charge the 12v battery (this will happen automatically), because otherwise it can happen, that it runs out (the car is constantly connected to the Internet)
SKODA Enyaq RS Coupe, ( riki1.eu )
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

Not sure where you are based, but you can only realistically charge at 7kW in uk unless you are on a 3 phase supply which is very unlikely.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
riki1

Post by riki1 »

Of course I have 3 phases, I thought, that it is normal in the EU.

Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

Not in uk, mainly single phase with houses alternating phases along the street.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
riki1

Post by riki1 »

This is also the case with us. Previously, I had only one phase installed, but when I planned to buy an Enyaq, I made a request to the power plant to install three phases. When they agreed to my request, I had the electricians install three phases. After that, I just used the SKODA charger that I bought with the car.

orrery

Post by orrery »

Isn't that a single phase granny charger, so about 3kW maximum?
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
riki1

Post by riki1 »

orrery wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:17 pm Isn't that a single phase granny charger, so about 3kW maximum?
https://eshop.skoda-auto.sk/en_SK/unive ... 000054412P
orrery

Post by orrery »

Sorry - I thought I could see a white 2 pin schuko connector hanging beneath it.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post