Additional Charging Lead

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

I have the excellent five metre lead the car was supplied with (which neatly lives in the well of the spare wheel when not in use). I also have a granny lead (which fulfilled its emergency use purpose when recently my EO wallbox snuffed itself)…
I intend to purchase a ten metre lead in order to make life a little simpler when using two awkwardly situated private charge points.

There is an abundance of choice online but, how to differentiate? There is a ticket on the original VW Group cable but it gives minimal technical information. Really I am seeking the same spec but twice the length. I am not looking to save a few pennies nor am I concerned about cosmetic appearance. Quality, longevity, fitness for purpose, are my gods here.

Any observations or recommendations please?

Fossilnot

Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Been pleased with my cable from EV Connectors - have used it several times a week for the last 2 years on my untethered EV home charger. Had no problems despite dropping it several times. Brought one restricted to 7.4 kWh, recommend buying the 22kWh version to take advantage of 22kWh AC chargers which will allow charging at 11kWh, although the Skoda supplied cable is rated for 11kWh. EV Connectors answer queries in my experience.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

Thank you
Warkman

Post by Warkman »

I've got a 10m cable from Ohme with my ohme epod it's its nice blue bag, came as part if tge ibstalkation
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

H’mmm, my epod was supplied by Octopus, sans cable, as a replacement for the failed EO Minipro (both untethered). Personal preference but I think that tethered cables sometimes look a tad untidy…

I credited a Christmas gift voucher to my Amazon account and shortly thereafter it threw me the suggestion of a 10 metre type2 to type2 lead for just a little bit more. Oh, what a surprise! In the absence of detailed comparisons I went for it.

Have not had cause to use it yet but gold or crap I’ll update the thread when I do so, naming and praising/shaming as appropriate.

Fossilnot
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

Warkman wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:02 pm ... it's its nice blue bag, came as part if tge ibstalkation
So its not what yiould call a sooiable iten to by serpratly, no?
;)
Octogenarian

Post by Octogenarian »

Loved your comment, Walter. Back in the fifties we learnt grammar, spelling and punctuation at school.
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

On the basis on a single usage to date: It is branded E-S1mple (me neither) and the cable carries TUV markings implying quality compliance and suitability for purpose. It was £129.99. There are anchored plug covers at each end-one more than the cable that came with the car. The plugs are robust. The cable sheath is black in colour-I prefer the bright colour of my 5 metre cable on safety grounds. On the downside it is stiff to neatly coil up to put it back in the bag. The zipped bag is black.
If I’d been buying from an old fashioned shop I’d have noted the stiffness before purchase and would have looked elsewhere…

Fossilnot

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post