Dog friendly

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Cailbrin

Post by Cailbrin »

We're considering buying an Enyaq to replace a Land rover Discovery Sport.

The test drive was a success, our only reservation is whether our German Shepherd will fit in the boot.

He's around 37 - 40 kilo, and quite tall for his breed.

Does anyone have any experience of a GSD and the Enyaq ?

RichR

Post by RichR »

Not a GSD, but we regularly have two Smooth Collies in crates in the boot. If you don't mind him loose then there should be ample room. We prefer crates as the dogs tend to just lie down and settle, plus are more protected should there be an accident. We breed and show our dogs so often travel for 3-4 hours to a dog show, and they're in a fit state to go into the ring afterward :)

The dimensions are 100 cm wide, 73 cm high (to door opening, with transport pack false floor), 70 cm deep (to top of back seats, 96 cm to bottom of back seats). I would recommend the Transport Pack to get a boot floor that's flush with the bumper so it's easier for the dogs to jump in and out, but you would get an extra 20 cm or so if you don't mind a drop down.

IMG_0500.jpeg

Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

I’m the same I use a crate that was for my boxer/American bulldog but now sadly occupied by a sausage dog . I don’t have the raised floor but leaves about 10cm each side . I have to put it in horizontal due to the back seats . I can still open the door without the raised floor .

My previous kodiaq seemed so much more room that o could still put luggage in down the side and in front . But some how she still ended up on front seat or in the middle of the kids 😂
Cailbrin

Post by Cailbrin »

Thank you for the replies.

My beloved is keen on the Kodiaq, but I can't see the point in swapping to another ICE vehicle.
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Cailbrin wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:50 pm Thank you for the replies.

My beloved is keen on the Kodiaq, but I can't see the point in swapping to another ICE vehicle.
Depends on where you live , how many miles you do , energy rates and public networks. I would love my kodiaq back now . At the beginning when I got the enyaq including the extra cost it was good however with increasing electricity costs and a shambles of public chargers where I am it’s not worth it anymore. I believe there is a ev/hybrid kodiaq coming
Cailbrin

Post by Cailbrin »

The car will be charged at home, the average annual mileage will only be 5 to 6k.
Cwl80

Post by Cwl80 »

Enyaq 80 Sports Line 15k a year mainly home charging but we go to Yorkshire from Cornwall at least twice a year plus other long trips .We have two large dogs a 24 kg Old English and a 42kg Briard who travel for miles in the back quite happily.The charging structure is getting better all the time for those long trips.
Ordered 16/06/ 2022 80 Sports Line ,Race blue ,pan roof .My 5th Skoda when it comes,present car 2020 Octavia Estate
NickyP

Post by NickyP »

We have an English Mastiff, 90 kilos so he's a big boy, fits in the enyaq no problem, needs a set of caravan steps to get in though.
MY22 Enyaq 60 nav suite, Race blue, 21" Betria wheels, 100kW charging, Comfort seat pack basic, Climate pack basic, Chrome pack, Driving sport package basic, Assisted drive pack basic, Parking pack basic, Panoramic roof.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Cwl80 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:45 pm Enyaq 80 Sports Line 15k a year mainly home charging but we go to Yorkshire from Cornwall at least twice a year plus other long trips .We have two large dogs a 24 kg Old English and a 42kg Briard who travel for miles in the back quite happily.The charging structure is getting better all the time for those long trips.
Snap :) - I travel from North Yorkshire to Cornwall a couple of times a year (my mum and sister live down there). Only rarely had an issue finding a free working charger, mainly when Exeter Services was being expanded. My preferred strategy is to stop every 2 hours or so at a McDonalds or similar just off the motorway (ie don't use motorway services unless I have to). By the time I've given the dogs a little walk, been to the loo and got a cup of tea or something to eat, the car's got enough charge to do another 2 hours easily. I tend to arrive with about 30% charge and leave with about 70-80%, except for doing a 100% charge around Exeter/Cullompton so I don't have to charge at all in Cornwall, where there aren't a many rapid chargers over 50kW. But there are enough 50kW ones for a 30 minute top up if I need it around. Worst if I'm heading back to Exeter area and think it'll be close, there's a farm shop at Launceston with several 50kW PodPoints, which unfortunately costs me more because I end up buying pies, pasties and other nice things from the shop.

In the last two years of Enyaq ownership, I've noticed a huge increase in charger locations and the number of chargers at them. Also I know that if I charge to 100% before I set off, I can drive to Birmingham or Newcastle and back without needing to use public chargers (easy in summer, need to be a bit more careful in winter). I've never had to resort to AC charging in public, always managed to find a DC rapid charger in plenty of time.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Cailbrin

Post by Cailbrin »

This a brilliant forum, lots of helpful advice.

The dog side looks to be fettled, just need to break my Wife's obsession with traditional engines.