Squeaky

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Vrsjones

Post by Vrsjones »

Does anyone else’s brakes seem to squeak. Mine has done only 8000miles but has probably been squeezing for 2000 miles of that.

Weirdly as well my brake pedal squeaks when it’s cold. The actual pedal! Weird.
Skoda Enyaq IV Vrs with all the bits and bobs that come with the Vrs

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ - yep, quite a bit. From new up to 26000 miles when I had to give it back. My neighbour actually commented on the noise, which happened every time I reversed out the drive, using the brakes to control the speed.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Fossilnot

Post by Fossilnot »

My 2023 VRs at circa 4000 miles squeaks-or chirrups- briefly upon application of the brakes. I am convinced that the sound is electronic in origin and emanates from inside the vehicle. It is no great problem, just an irritant that hopefully will be rectified upon servicing.

Fossilnot
orrery

Post by orrery »

Mine has started doing it at about 2 years, 12,000 miles.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
Raffi

Post by Raffi »

Our enyaq is only a few months old. The squeaking brake pedal started in October, it was taken in for inspection. A call said it had been oiled and was rectified.

The next day the squeak was back with a vengeance. Its non stop and get louder the further the journey is.

Booked in again for inspection but told as not a common fault will need to wait for skida technicians to come up with how to resolve.

Not happy with this in a new car and pretty sure it's more common than they are saying?
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Raffi wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:43 pm Our enyaq is only a few months old. The squeaking brake pedal started in October, it was taken in for inspection. A call said it had been oiled and was rectified.

The next day the squeak was back with a vengeance. Its non stop and get louder the further the journey is.

Booked in again for inspection but told as not a common fault will need to wait for skida technicians to come up with how to resolve.

Not happy with this in a new car and pretty sure it's more common than they are saying?

I don’t remember the pedal being squeaky…. It was the brakes which made quite a bit of noise, particularly when I used them to control my reversing speed.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
suffolkboy

Post by suffolkboy »

Raffi wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:43 pm Our enyaq is only a few months old. The squeaking brake pedal started in October, it was taken in for inspection. A call said it had been oiled and was rectified.

I have had exactly the same issue with my Enyaq. The garage tried greasing it which reduced the amount of squeaking but did not fully recitify it. They subsequently checked with Skoda support to see if it was a known problem and have ordered a new brake pedal assembly, which is being fitted next week. This is the second car the dealership have had in with this problem. The other one was having a new pedal installed the same day I took mine back in to be checked again.

When the brake pedal initially started squeaking I tried searching online to see if others were having an issue, but couldn't find anyone else mentioning it so may not be a widespread issue. I'd have thought it's the exact same mechanism as VW, Seat and Audi EVs are using.
Vrsjones

Post by Vrsjones »

Amazing I’m not the only one then. So it’s weird my pedal doesn’t do it all the time. But the friction brakes outside it does it quite regular.
Skoda Enyaq IV Vrs with all the bits and bobs that come with the Vrs
suffolkboy

Post by suffolkboy »

suffolkboy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:12 am

I have had exactly the same issue with my Enyaq. The garage tried greasing it which reduced the amount of squeaking but did not fully recitify it. They subsequently checked with Skoda support to see if it was a known problem and have ordered a new brake pedal assembly, which is being fitted next week. This is the second car the dealership have had in with this problem. The other one was having a new pedal installed the same day I took mine back in to be checked again.

When the brake pedal initially started squeaking I tried searching online to see if others were having an issue, but couldn't find anyone else mentioning it so may not be a widespread issue. I'd have thought it's the exact same mechanism as VW, Seat and Audi EVs are using.

I was due to have the brake pedal replaced today but the dealer contacted me to tell me that Skoda had advised this will not stop the sqeaking when pressing the pedal. Apparently it is caused by the master cylinder and Skoda are producing a kit to fix the issue. They will contact me once the kit is available. In the meantime, the dealer has lubed the moving parts again and the squeak has gone away for now.