Possible new owner on Motability

New to the Skoda Enyaq Forums? Introduce yourself here
cremebrulay

Post by cremebrulay »

Hi all :)

My current Motability car is up for renewal very soon. I'm quite interested in EV but I've never had an EV before and need something with AWD as the roads around here can get quite muddy and slippery and the Enyaq looks really interesting... Motability also say they provide a free home charging point & installation for first time adopters which is a very attractive deal.

On the scheme they have the Skoda Enyaq Estate and Motability spec it as the "210kW 85x Sportline Plus 82kWh 4x4 5dr Auto".

Now this is where I run into problems lol. On Skodas main website they list their Motability deals for Jan-March 2024 (here: https://www.skoda.co.uk/_doc/4065d377-9 ... bd1e10947b) and the Motability spec car does not appear on the list, instead they list a "132 kW 85x Sportline Plus 82kWh 5dr Auto [125kW]".

It's still got AWD, but I am wondering if the power is a typo or have Skoda downgraded the engine for Motability but just called it the same trim? I will be phoning around dealerships next week to see if they can shed any light on it as I know that Motability sometimes struggle to put the correct info on their website (been on the scheme for a long time now lol),

I have more questions about the car but the engine thing is a deal breaker tbh so will save them for now. Thanks in advance :)

cwazyham

Post by cwazyham »

I have the 210kW 85x Sportline Plus 82kWh 4x4 5dr Auto on motability. ordered it after getting fed up waiting for a kodiaq and am so glad I did. Had the car three weeks and loving it. especially when having to leave for work at 4am in this weather, its warmer in the car than the house
NickyP

Post by NickyP »

Is the extra power important?
MY22 Enyaq 60 nav suite, Race blue, 21" Betria wheels, 100kW charging, Comfort seat pack basic, Climate pack basic, Chrome pack, Driving sport package basic, Assisted drive pack basic, Parking pack basic, Panoramic roof.
cremebrulay

Post by cremebrulay »

cwazyham wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:32 pm I have the 210kW 85x Sportline Plus 82kWh 4x4 5dr Auto on motability. ordered it after getting fed up waiting for a kodiaq and am so glad I did. Had the car three weeks and loving it. especially when having to leave for work at 4am in this weather, its warmer in the car than the house
Awesome :) really pleased you like it! did it take long from ordering to getting it through motability?
cremebrulay

Post by cremebrulay »

NickyP wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:49 pm Is the extra power important?
Yes on the 4x4 because it's my understanding from the Skoda bumf that there is a second motor (one front + one back) and that is why it has 210kW as standard spec. If it only has 132kW then it will be massively underpowered and therefore probably not very good.

Any models I would test drive would be the standard 210kW model that dealers have in stock, and so I would have no idea of the performance of a 'Motability' 132kW version until I have received it through Motability. In my experience it is extremely difficult to change a Motability car once you have started your contract term and so most likely I would be stuck with it for a minimum of 3 years until I could change it or have a difficult battle to get someone to accept that a mistake has been made somewhere.

I understand that I might be sounding very anxious and/or pedantic lol but I've had problems before when the advertised Motability spec is not the same as what is being offered by the car manufacturer and it was not a fun experience. So I've learned to do my due diligence first and look carefully at what the manufacturers details are rather than what Motability say before I order!
spinna1969

Post by spinna1969 »

cremebrulay wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:17 pm
NickyP wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:49 pm Is the extra power important?
Yes on the 4x4 because it's my understanding from the Skoda bumf that there is a second motor (one front + one back) and that is why it has 210kW as standard spec. If it only has 132kW then it will be massively underpowered and therefore probably not very good.

Any models I would test drive would be the standard 210kW model that dealers have in stock, and so I would have no idea of the performance of a 'Motability' 132kW version until I have received it through Motability. In my experience it is extremely difficult to change a Motability car once you have started your contract term and so most likely I would be stuck with it for a minimum of 3 years until I could change it or have a difficult battle to get someone to accept that a mistake has been made somewhere.

I understand that I might be sounding very anxious and/or pedantic lol but I've had problems before when the advertised Motability spec is not the same as what is being offered by the car manufacturer and it was not a fun experience. So I've learned to do my due diligence first and look carefully at what the manufacturers details are rather than what Motability say before I order!
132 will be a typo. Basic 85’s are 210

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post