Charging stops after 5 minutes

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Flipseno1

Post by Flipseno1 »

Dear all,

I am new to his forum since I only got my Enyaq 80 last December. I bought it second hand as an April 2021 model with 109.000 km. This was an introduction model so it came extra loaded with goodies as leather seats, electric towing bar, heat pump, panorama roof etc. So far I have been very happy with it, but now I has let me down.

I charged it multiple times without problems using the smart Gridio and ‘ANWB Slim Laden’ apps. They allow to connect the wallbox with the car, using the lowest daily electricity rates.

Since last week however the car only charges for 5 minutes, then stops. I tried to charge ‘direct charging’ without schedules, but that resulted in the same problem. If I press ‘charge’, charging resumes, but then stops after 5 minutes again. In the My Skoda app I receive the below message (translation: Can’t turn off charging process. Error. Try again later):

fout.jpg

I brought the car to an official Skoda and VAG dealer, but they can’t find the problem. The latest info is that they contacted the Skoda Factory.

Has anybody ever encountered the same problem?

Flipseno1

Post by Flipseno1 »

Good day dear fellow users,

I was just contacted by the Skoda garage, The Skoda factory found and fixed the charging problem after receiving all of the computer logs from the dealer: it was a bug in the software. They restored the software back to the factory setting and that seems to have resolved the problem. Now I have to register again in the MySkoda app and the car, but that is no trouble. Glad it was a software thing and not a hardware issue!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post